It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:13 pm

Free Newsletter

Ella's Getting There!

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Postby loveat116 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 9:33 am

Monday 21 January 2008

B: Hot Chocolate
L: 4 x Cruskits + Sweet Chilli Light Tuna
D: Rosella Tomato Soup + Piece of Toast
S: Spinach and Ricotta Pasta Cup A Soup
CAL: 692 (Will add a snack)

E: 45 Minute Walk + Full Body Workout

W: Did nto weigh in today
Starting Weight: 62kg Current Weight: 55.0kg Goal Weight: 54kg

Goal Reached 22 February 2008, Must get down to 54kg again!
loveat116

Postby loveat116 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 11:50 am

B: Oatmeal + Coffee
L: 4 x Cruskits + Sweet Chilli Light Tuna
D: 6" Chicken Teryaki Sub

CAL: Around 900

E: None

W: Did not weigh in today

loveat116

Postby loveat116 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:04 am

B: Oatmeal + OJ
L: Salad
D: Rosella Tomato Soup + Piece of Toast

E: 30 Minutes Cardio + Full Body Workout

W: 56kg GAIN OF 1.1KG!!!!!! ARGHHHH!!!!

My official 'recording day' is Monday, so I will weigh in then and see what happens. I did eat a lot of junk over the weekend.

I had a chicken teryaki sub last night, 6", but also had two cookies and a fruit bun later! I bought a cadbury cream egg but didn't eat it :D was so proud of myself.

Im going out to lunch today with work, I reckon i'll get some sort of salad...

loveat116

Postby loveat116 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:51 am

Im having a major fat day. None of my clothes look good on me. Even though i've only gained 0.5-1kg it looks like 10kg. Im pretty bummed that I wont make my goal by next Sunday too...

My hair is also not working for me at the moment...
But my skin is looking really good. I only have ONE pimple on my chin, which is great for me. I have been using Witch hazel toner every night, and then putting tea tree oil on my spots. Im not into buying really expensive products, I dont believe they work.

I have also been mixing my foundation with moisturiser, its making my skin glow! Its great.

Goal For Today: No Snacking in between meals, drink 4 Tankards of water at work (Massive glasses lol)

B: Oatmeal + Yoghurt (1100kj)
L: Spinach and Ricotta Pasta Cup A Soup (440kj)
D: TBA

E: 50 Minute Walk + Gym if possible

W: 56kg STILL

loveat116

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:43 am

So sorry you're having a bad day, Ella. I've been feeling bloaty all week so I know how you feel. At least your skin is good, though! That's always a great thing!

Mixing foundation with moisturiser is a great idea. I use tinted moisturiser instead of foundation now. It's the greatest! Then I dust it with mineral facial powder afterwards (it doesn't clog when you sweat like talcum based powders do). My skin has never looked better.

Don't worry about that small gain this week. I'm sure you'll lose it again in no time! It probably won't even be there by the time your official weigh-in comes around!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby HappyBella55 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:02 pm

Hi Ella,

I've just been reading through your food diary. You've been eating very little, considering the exercise you do which burns the energy you consume and everyday energy used to make the body work. This could be the reason why you've gained the weight. Your body is latching on to the food because it believes that it won't get the proper nutrients and energy it needs to have a healthy body. Thus storing the energy.

It might be best to increase your cals to 1200. I know what your views are regarding calories and the starvation myth i.e may be a load of crap (as you've used examples of anorexics who live on very little and still lose - just remember they are first losing muscle and starving themselves - not that I'm saying you are starving yourself :D )

You've said on numerous occasions that 'it's just a number on a scale' and hun you've come such a long way, you have a great body - which you've worked very hard for and because you are tall you look great at the weight you are currently at.

I know it's incredible hard to get over those images in your head and how we see ourselves in our own eyes. I am very critical of myself and most days can't see a change at all :? even though my clothes and scale show that I have lost weight.

Gosh - I didn't mean for this to read like a lecture, I just want you to consider what I'm writing. I can't help but worry about you hun (considering you've had an E.D and those tendencies will be around for life) but just remember and keep in mind what you say: It's just a number - it doesn't rule you, go by clothing sizes (and you’re a size 4-6 that's tiny hun, consider yourself lucky you can get the cheap sale clothes that no one can fit into :wink: ). And remember the closer you get to goal weight the longer it will take because your body thinks it's at the weight it should be but your head doesn't.

Hope I haven't been to blunt.

Have a great day chicklet :D
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby loveat116 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:35 pm

Thanks for your concern Bella.

I guess I don't write down everything here, like I'll write down a plan for the day, sometimes not including dinner, and i might differ to that. I try to be good and record it the day after but most of the time im too embarassed.

EG. I had Chow Mein last night, then a paddle pop then a cadbury creme egg.

I just wish I was on maintenance now! I feel so guilty about all the crap I eat, and I know if I could eat 2000 calories per day i'd eat more healthy foods!

Just an update on what I have eaten today:

Breakfast: Oatmeal and Yoghurt
Lunch: Sushi Roll + 2 x Cruskits + Tin of Tuna
Snack: Cup-A-Soup
Dinner: Whatvever mum makes

But yeah... i've noticed my body image has gotten worse. But when i weigh less on the scales I feel sooooo much better about myself! So thats partly the reason why i want to get down to 54kg.

loveat116

Monday 28 January 2008

Postby loveat116 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:36 pm

Woo Hooo 6 Days Till Queensland

Weight: 54.5kg (Loss of 0.4kg since last week)

I did weigh on my friends scale though, fully clothes, so not entirely sure how accurate that is.

Been eating OK.. not overly great. I'll get back into the swing of things this week. I have been exercising HEAPS though! I walked to work 3 times last week and Im going to do it again this week.

So freaking exited to get onto maintenance.

I thought i'd use this post to write down my goals for this year

PERSONAL:
1. Reach my goal weight of 54kg
2. Take really good care of my skin/teeth
3. Get rid of unwanted baggage, don't keep something/someone around 'just because'. They do more harm than good.

WORK:
1. Pay rise in 2008 :lol:
2. Be more confident at work. If im bored ASK for stuff to do. Ask to go out on some shoots etc.
3. Start dressing more corporate - find clothes in Queensland

FINANCIALLY:
1. Have $15,000 saved by end of 2008 ($1,000 per month)
2. If raise is decent, buy a house by the end of 2008 (3bdrm, close to city, rent out other 2 rooms)
3. Put savings into a term deposit account

Hopefully by Sunday I will be at my goal weight of 54kg! Im not gonna worry so much though, cause I reckon I can lose a lil weight on Holiday (I tend to eat less and walk more!?)

loveat116

Tuesday 29 January 2008

Postby loveat116 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:54 am

B: Oatmeal + Tea
L: Mixed Vegies + Small Piece of Chicken
S: Salad Wrap
D: Thai Green Chicken Curry

E: 20 Minute Walk + Gym if Possible

W: Did not weigh in.

loveat116

Re: Ella's Getting There!

Postby milkyway » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:08 pm

You've got some great goals to strive towards this year, Ella :)
I expect to see you on the maintenance forum any day now. yay!
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby loveat116 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:10 am

Argh! I think my scales are screwed. What I might do is stand on the scales, record my weight, then stand on it again with a 5kg weight. If it is more/less than 5kg then they are screwed!

I hope they are screwed, then it means I am closer to goal lol.

B: 1 Piece Wholemeal Bread, 1 Egg, 1 Rash Lean Bacon, 25ml BBQ Sauce + OJ
L: 2 x Sushi Rolls Vegetarian
S: Thai Red Curry Cup-A-Soup

E: 50 Minute Walk

W: 55.6kg (WTFFFFFFFFFFF)

I'm walking every day to work this week, so hopefully that will make a difference.

loveat116

Postby loveat116 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:32 am

loveat116 wrote:Argh! I think my scales are screwed. What I might do is stand on the scales, record my weight, then stand on it again with a 5kg weight. If it is more/less than 5kg then they are screwed!

I hope they are screwed, then it means I am closer to goal lol.

B: 1 Piece Wholemeal Bread, 1 Egg, 1 Rash Lean Bacon, 25ml BBQ Sauce + OJ
L: 2 x Sushi Rolls Vegetarian
S: Thai Red Curry Cup-A-Soup

E: 50 Minute Walk

W: 55.6kg (WTFFFFFFFFFFF)

I'm walking every day to work this week, so hopefully that will make a difference.

I didn't have my cup-a-soup.

I was round at a friends house last nigth and I didn't end up eating dinner until 9pm! And it was a Chicken Burger + A medium fries from Maccas! ARGHHHH.... i've justified it in my head and I know its wrong though.

Update soon.

loveat116

Postby loveat116 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:32 am

B: Oatmeal
L: 2 x Pieces Bread, 30g Mozarella Cheese, Slice of Ham = Toastie
S: Thai Red Curry Cup-A-Soup (Maybe)
D: HOPEFULLY Beef Chow Mein

E: 50 Minute Walk + Full Body Workout

W: Did not weigh in

Last night at my friends i got on his scales with a weight, then stepped off and weighed myself. The difference was the weight of the weight. So his scales must be right! They tell me I am around 1kg lighter than the ones at home. That might mean that I could already be at goal!

I know its just a number on a scale and I shouldn't worry about it. But i just NEED the number to read 54kg before I go onto maintenance. I don't know why I need that so much. Im a numbers person i guess.

I worked out my calories for yesterday and I had 1650! Thats great cause i had that maccas at night and that was pretty bad. The chips had more calories than the burger! I would have been good if I didn't have the chips just the burger. The burger was soooooooooo good, one of thsoe crispy chicken deluxe burgers! Yummo. I love mcdonalds. Im never gonna cut junk food out of my life cause I love it. Lifes short, why waste it avoiding something that you LOOOOVE!

loveat116

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:18 pm

I can understand your needing to be at goal. If you know exactly what you weigh and exactly what you expect to weigh each time I'd imagine it would be easier to monitor yourself to ensure the weight doesn't creep back on again. If you're always going to be half a kilo or so out it's easy to make excuses when the scales tell you you're over your goal weight.

Can you go to a doctor's office to get weighed on their scales? I always assume theirs are the most accurate. If you're already at your goal weight you don't want to try and keep losing after all.
EvilWombatQueen

Postby loveat116 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:53 pm

Well I used to weigh in at my doctors, but thats stopped now.

I'm not going to weigh in until after I come back from my holiady I think, i wanna just enjoy it!

loveat116

PreviousNext

Return to Almost there