It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:24 pm

Free Newsletter

Ella's Getting There!

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Postby loveat116 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:58 pm

Eugh i have probably eaten about 10 wrapped lollies today.

And I had about a cup of chicken with rice beforem, was STARVING!

Now I feel sick :(
Starting Weight: 62kg Current Weight: 55.0kg Goal Weight: 54kg

Goal Reached 22 February 2008, Must get down to 54kg again!
loveat116

Postby HappyBella55 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:34 pm

Ella, I don't want you to think that I'm over stepping the mark here hun, but I'm concerned about you so this is why I'm commenting.

I know the visual image that you see of yourself in your head doesn't reflect what you see reflected in the mirror. To me, you look a lot tiner than 57kgs. You are tall so you can carry the weight well. I have read comments that you have made about how unimportant the number of the scale is, but yet you are trying to reach a number that can ultimately be unhealthy for you to maintain hun.

It certainly doesn't look like you have any more weight to lose. And hun you don't have canckles.

If you are concerned about the wobbly bits do strength training exercises to firm up the problem areas. Because you don't have the body fat to lose toning the muscles will be easier for you and it will certainly help at making you feel better about your body.

10 wrapped lollies is nothing to stress about hun that's like 450kjs max, equivalent to a snack meal. It sounds like you are having food issues again. Maybe you should contact your doctor about these things. I certainly don't want you do progress back to an eating disorder that I know you have tried very hard to overcome.

I am watching my family friend slowly die from anorexia. She's beyond the point of any help. I certainly don't want to see you going down this track hun.

I'm not going to apologise to you, if this post p*sses you off, because I think it needs to be said.

*Hugs* darl. Take care
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:45 pm

thanks for saying something bella, i know a lot of people here have been wanting to say something for awhile about their concerns for ellas health but didnt want to to erupt in big dramas. hopefully you can get the help you need ella.
kate_turner2000

Postby golden » Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:37 pm

*hugs* Ella...

Obviously we don't know what's going through your head (things sound so harsh and black and white typed out on a forum, and a lot of things are left unsaid) but it seems that you are wanting to lose weight to change your personality in some way. You are the same person whether you are 45kgs or 65kgs, just remember that. When you hit 54kgs a little fairy isn't going to wave her wand and change your life hehe.

I was watching 'fashion rocks 2007' on MTV an hour ago (musicians + fashion catwalk = awesome show) and even 5"10 45kg models have 'wobby bits'. You are a woman, slim girls with curves and a bit of booty, and that's what guys like!

Keep your mind occupied and your schedule full hun, weight loss is so stupid when you think about it. Life's there to be lived, not to count kjs.
My weight- 58kgs :-) (BMI- 21.9)

Inner confidence- It's all in the eyes... the window to the soul
golden

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:06 am

golden wrote:You are the same person whether you are 45kgs or 65kgs, just remember that. When you hit 54kgs a little fairy isn't going to wave her wand and change your life hehe.

I was watching 'fashion rocks 2007' on MTV an hour ago (musicians + fashion catwalk = awesome show) and even 5"10 45kg models have 'wobby bits'. You are a woman, slim girls with curves and a bit of booty, and that's what guys like!

Very true. I think sometimes we have unrealistic expectations about what life will be like when we reach X weight. I know I do, and it's a bit of a surprise when you realise that actually, even skinny girls have to choose what styles to wear to suit their shape, and they still have 'wrinkles' in their tummy when they sit, and their thighs still bulge a bit when they sit.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby milkyway » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:15 am

Ella - I think you look very slim and trim in those pics, and I'm sure you do in real life, too. Not many people can wear skinny jeans well but you sure are chickie :)

I second what Madz said above - a change in weight doesn't mean a change in personality. And it's so true, we are our own harshest critics :( By all means, strive for your goals -- I know what you mean about feeling happy in your own skin, but don't ever equate your self worth with your self image. Having a few wobbly bits here and there doesn't mean you're a person of less value.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby loveat116 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:16 am

Thanks guys, I really really do appreciate everything you say, and not one bit of it was too harsh or mean.
I sometimes feel like I am slipping back into my old ways - and I definatly dont want to do that.

You said this Mads "Keep your mind occupied and your schedule full hun, weight loss is so stupid when you think about it. Life's there to be lived, not to count kjs."Thats what I am trying to be like! Not think about food, thats why I dont usually count calories.

And I REALLY want to get back into the gym and start weight training again, its just finding the time and motivation has been so incredibly hard..

But guys, im really not that thin the in the photos, and I definatly think I can improve on areas.. Maybe I dont have to lose weight, but I want to do SOMETHING to make those areas look better.
Maybe I should look into personal training sessions or something.

loveat116

Postby golden » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:58 pm

Good idea hun... toning is a great idea for people of any weight, I guess maybe you should post measurements where your scale currently is or something. You can get slimmer than you are now even if it means an increase on the scales (noone knows how much people weigh anyway, it's all looks!). I had a lady ask me today at work if I was 50kgs... I was like whaaaa? But then I realised noone knows how much I weigh except me (and you guys LOL).
My weight- 58kgs :-) (BMI- 21.9)

Inner confidence- It's all in the eyes... the window to the soul
golden

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:59 pm

Hey Ella,
If you think that maybe you're not seeing what everyone else sees (a problem I have) then try asking someone you respect (say your GP) whose opinion you can't dismiss as they're-friends-and-wouldn't-tell-the-truth stuff. If you think we can't judge due to photos not being accurate (fair enough objection) maybe try getting a third party to look in person might give you a better idea?
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Lush Gal » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:10 pm

ella you pics make me sad. i'm not trying to upset you but i think you should see a gp? they can talk to you about health / weight and let you know that your body might need a rest from trying to lose weight?
Lush Gal

Postby loveat116 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:58 am

My weight is being monitored by my GP.

The reason I am working with my GP is that I wanted to lose weight, she didnt think I needed too, but its better off being monitered than going and doing it all by myself - and possibly slipping back into old patterns.

I have LOTS of conditions, I am still in an outpatient program where I learn a lot about nutrition and everything.

And I have a relativly high body fat % for someone my age and size, when I started it actually put me as 'overweight'. Now my body fat is around 20%, which is normal. I would like it to be around 17% though, and I get that measured every month.

So while I may look slim, on the inside I am actually very unhealthy. This whole plan with my GP is to build my metabolism up by gaining all the muscle I have lost.

loveat116

Postby Lush Gal » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:11 am

I'm really glad to hear that you have a supportive GP. I hope you continue to focus on the health side rather than how you look.
Lush Gal

Postby loveat116 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:14 am

Oh yeah definatly I am more concerned with how I feel.

I think I might get some personal training sessions at the gym!

loveat116

Postby Mandie » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:17 am

Sounds like you have a good thing going with your GP and stuff Ella. :)

Personal training seems like a good idea, you can point out the bits you want to tone and they could help you to do that :) Exercise and losing body fat % is good, and as long as you're under the care of your GP and you recognise the issues you have with your body etc etc.. I think you'll be doing just fine Ella :)

Everyone here was just a little worried about you!
Mandie

Postby loveat116 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:33 am

Aw thanks, but I have my head screwed on right! So no need to worry.

loveat116

PreviousNext

Return to Almost there