It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:58 am

Free Newsletter

*'Almost There' chickies' lookbook*

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:28 pm

what is a sticky?

i actually find the lingerie and and half nude photos offensive.
kate_turner2000

Postby milkyway » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:33 pm

A 'Sticky' is a thread that lives at the top of a forum (e.g. like the welcome message in the Curvaceous and Corageous forum).
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:59 pm

wow i thought it was just something to hilight 'important' or something
kate_turner2000

Postby milkyway » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:05 pm

kate_turner2000 wrote:wow i thought it was just something to hilight 'important' or something

It is supposed to be! ;)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby SarahC » Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:13 pm

I've been slack in finding some photos. This is the kind of thing that inspires me. This lady is 42 years old and a mother. My aim is to look this good when I am 40 :)

(Hope this doesn't offend anyone!)

SarahC

Postby golden » Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:07 pm

hehe don't worry sarah... there are women in lingerie in Vogue magazines and Myer catalogues, people can't be that sensitive :wink:

I think that's a great aim hun, it's even more incredible when the women have had children and still look great!
My weight- 58kgs :-) (BMI- 21.9)

Inner confidence- It's all in the eyes... the window to the soul
golden

Postby electrongirl » Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:35 pm

yummymummy wrote:i think its a good idea, thanks, I couldnt work out how to unsticky it,only delete and I thought I might ruffle too many feathers if I did that!!

my welcome message was deleted. I don't think my feathers were considered then!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby Playboy_bunny » Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:15 pm

I just wanted to add that I agree with yummymummy....some of these women are skin and bone! Its not that I disagree with having something to work towards, just that I think if you are hoping to end up looking like giselle bundchen....then maybe you are not being very realistic?? I dont mean to offend anyone, just I dont want anyone to think that their achievements aren't good enough just because they dont look like an airbrushed, sucked in, pushed up hollywood star ;) I LOVE a quote from a few years ago that I read in a mag- 'Even I dont wake up looking like Cindy Crawford'- By Cindy Crawford :) xxxx
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby *KaTe* » Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:14 pm

I have a vision board up on my wall that I made agess ago...

It has lots of pics of hot women, some in mini's, bikinis,jeans, pics of nice hair, nails etc etc

There are pics on my vision board of women in jeans who are reallllly skinny...but it doesnt mean I want to be that skinny. For me it reflects how GOOD i want to look in a pear of jeans :D

So just cos ppl are posting pics of skinny chicks doesnt mean that apire to look like that...they just want to look as GOOD as that!

Just thought I'd add my spin on things! Love your bodies and make them look as best as they can be! :D :D

SMILE!!
*KaTe*

Postby golden » Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:21 pm

Playboy_bunny wrote:I just wanted to add that I agree with yummymummy....some of these women are skin and bone! Its not that I disagree with having something to work towards, just that I think if you are hoping to end up looking like giselle bundchen....then maybe you are not being very realistic?? I dont mean to offend anyone, just I dont want anyone to think that their achievements aren't good enough just because they dont look like an airbrushed, sucked in, pushed up hollywood star ;) I LOVE a quote from a few years ago that I read in a mag- 'Even I dont wake up looking like Cindy Crawford'- By Cindy Crawford :) xxxx

I think the appeal of some of these women isn't just their body shape, but the confidence and radiance they exude which comes with knowing you look great :-) I love Adriana Lima mainly for this reason, I've watched several of her interviews and she's such a darling in every way. Regarding some comments some people (not you, hun) have made about people being too thin or aiming for unhealthy weights, maybe we should post heights on our users or something, because a lot of us are quite short in height.
My weight- 58kgs :-) (BMI- 21.9)

Inner confidence- It's all in the eyes... the window to the soul
golden

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:00 pm

Playboy_bunny wrote:I just wanted to add that I agree with yummymummy....some of these women are skin and bone! Its not that I disagree with having something to work towards, just that I think if you are hoping to end up looking like giselle bundchen....then maybe you are not being very realistic?? I dont mean to offend anyone, just I dont want anyone to think that their achievements aren't good enough just because they dont look like an airbrushed, sucked in, pushed up hollywood star ;) I LOVE a quote from a few years ago that I read in a mag- 'Even I dont wake up looking like Cindy Crawford'- By Cindy Crawford :) xxxx

I agree with you gracie, even celebrities have their flaws. Kate i also see where you are coming from and agree that there are different characteristics of different people of all races and body types that are appealing to people. no one should want to be exactly like someone else in life because that is not being the true skin you are in.
kate_turner2000

Postby Playboy_bunny » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:02 pm

that is a good point about height! My goal weight (75-85 kgs) would still seem like quite a lot of weight on a shorter person, although I am 6ft so I am quite slim at that size :) For me to think of 50kgs, it seems TINY but you are right, you have to think of height in relation to the numbers too cos what would be stick person thin on me might be healthy and just right on someone else ;)
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby electrongirl » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:05 pm

I am 165cm and was about 50kg when I was 19 and I didn't look too skinny. But I don't think I would look good at that weight now!

this is me at 19 and about 50kg.

Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby loveat116 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:02 pm

Mischa Barton

^ Would KILL for those legs!

Starting Weight: 62kg Current Weight: 55.0kg Goal Weight: 54kg

Goal Reached 22 February 2008, Must get down to 54kg again!
loveat116

Postby loveat116 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:03 pm

And in the pic with Hayden Panetierre, I dont want to look like her mum! She is WAAAAY too skinny.
Starting Weight: 62kg Current Weight: 55.0kg Goal Weight: 54kg

Goal Reached 22 February 2008, Must get down to 54kg again!
loveat116

PreviousNext

Return to Almost there