It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:54 pm

Free Newsletter

*'Almost There' chickies' lookbook*

A place for those of us who are close to achieving our goal or have less than 10kgs to lose

Moderator: Moderators

Postby HappyBella55 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:30 pm

*KaTe* wrote:I have a vision board up on my wall that I made agess ago...

It has lots of pics of hot women, some in mini's, bikinis,jeans, pics of nice hair, nails etc etc

There are pics on my vision board of women in jeans who are reallllly skinny...but it doesnt mean I want to be that skinny. For me it reflects how GOOD i want to look in a pear of jeans :D

So just cos ppl are posting pics of skinny chicks doesnt mean that apire to look like that...they just want to look as GOOD as that!

Just thought I'd add my spin on things! Love your bodies and make them look as best as they can be! :D :D

Hey Kate. Thank you for stating this! I totally agree with you, it's about loving your body and being the best we can be.

Just because I admire a way a certain "celebrity/model" looks like I know I will never look like her. It's unrealistic to expect to aim for a body like theirs. But there is nothing wrong with admiring their bodies and trying to achieve our own best bodies. I use them as a motivational tool.

By the way did you get the idea of using a visualisation board from "The Secret"? I have the book and DVD and admit to have watched it over and over again. I believe it was Lisa who talks about a 'visualisation' board. I might do one of these.

Playboy_Bunny- I also agree with you. Height is very important. You are very tall indeed and 75kgs for you is slim but for someone who is short its overweight- like me :D i'm only 164cms.

We are all unique with different body structures, so it is important to factor in height. Maybe this is where the BMI comes in handy as a guide cos it takes into account height?
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby onmyway » Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:07 pm

I have to say...none of these women inspire me to lose weight (except the 40yo mum). I want to have curves even after I get to goal weight. Having said that...I do envy their flat tummies...mine is flat..but ruined by pregnancy.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcPPVZJ/]
[/url]
Goals:67=new shoes,65=haircut,60=shopping
onmyway

Postby Fletch » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:21 am

I love and hate looking at pictures of woman i want to look like
i love it, coz its actually motivating and inspiring.
I hate it coz i know i'll never ever look like that, 2 pregnancies and breastfeeding has left me with 'love lines' (stretchmarks!!!) and full bosoms (big arse milk boobies!)
So even when my tum is flat, it'll be saggy skin, sometimes i think it looks better filled out a bit! LOL.

Im a big fan of Christina Appelgate, love her body in The Sweetest Thing.

Sorry its large and i hope it doesnt offend.
Fletch ~ breastfeeding my 7mo baby boy ~ loving my 2yo boy!
- on a weight loss journey to be a better me!

~ Height: 165cm ~ SW: 80.1kgs ~ CW: 66.3kgs ~ GW: 60kgs ~ Pre-PG: 64kgs ~

Fletch

Postby SarahC » Sat Jan 12, 2008 2:33 pm

I just figured out how to use the scanning function on my printer thingy! How exciting. Here's another to add to the collection :) (Dunno who this is btw lol)

SarahC

Re: *'Almost There' chickies' lookbook*

Postby Kimmie » Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:59 pm

I agree with fletch. I love it, I also hate it. I haven't had children yet (I just finished Uni, haven't even done the graduation ceremony yet!), but a lot of it is genetic factors. I'm very small chested, very BIG in the booty, very wide in the hips, broad in the shoulders. Yes, I would love to look like avril lavigne, or jessica alba, but their waists are about as thick as one of my thighs! :lol:

So I don't know what the answer is. If I put a picture of a thin pretty girl on the fridge, it definitely stops me from grabbing a snack. It also makes me angry and depressed that I don't and never will look like that. More over, it makes me angry that this stupidity in our society has infiltrated my psyche so much, even though it defies all logic. My best assets as a human being have nothing to do with my appearance, but because I'm female I know how high a value is placed on my appearance (probably more so by me then by anybody else :roll:).

My mission to lose weight is to be fit, happy & healthy, but I have to admit, there is that little bit of neurosis in the back of my mind that just wants me to be hot and skinny. :?
Kimmie

Postby Kimmie » Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:00 pm

Also, shelbel: great taste in music! :P
Kimmie

Postby MissMinx » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:36 pm

These are the bodies that I dream of owning lol!
Attachments
V270651.jpg
Whoever this model is Ive always loved her body in this picture!
V270651.jpg (35.32 KiB) Viewed 2082 times
Jessica_Alba_is_Mathematically_Perfect.ashx.jpg
Jessica Alba - amazing..
Jessica_Alba_is_Mathematically_Perfect.ashx.jpg (32 KiB) Viewed 2081 times
jessica_alba_08.jpg
Jessica Alba again - perfection.
jessica_alba_08.jpg (91.15 KiB) Viewed 2080 times
Current weight: 64.2kgs
Goal weight: 60kgs

Ok so my Sydney trip is over and I've reached 64.2kgs - my next weigh in is in 2 weeks time so that whatever damage I did in Sydney will be done and dusted! I would love to lose 4.2kgs by Xmas time and I guess thats where my new goal begins :)
MissMinx

Postby MissMinx » Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:23 am

Another VERY inspirational chick!
Attachments
KF2.jpg
KF2.jpg (119.89 KiB) Viewed 2055 times
KF.jpg
KF.jpg (32.59 KiB) Viewed 2055 times
Current weight: 64.2kgs
Goal weight: 60kgs

Ok so my Sydney trip is over and I've reached 64.2kgs - my next weigh in is in 2 weeks time so that whatever damage I did in Sydney will be done and dusted! I would love to lose 4.2kgs by Xmas time and I guess thats where my new goal begins :)
MissMinx

Postby fi_112 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:58 pm

Hey guys,
There are my inspirations! I also agree with you MM, that girl who's name you didn't know is Lara Bingle, she is amazing!!
Attachments
perfect bodt.jpg
Jessica Simpson in Dukes of Hazzard
perfect bodt.jpg (14.54 KiB) Viewed 1941 times
jessica biel.jpg
Jessica Biel is my ultimate girl crush
jessica biel.jpg (78.05 KiB) Viewed 1941 times
To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are
fi_112

Postby candycane » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:54 am

although it looks like her, i dont think its lara bingle, its a victorias secret model. i think it's this one http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Marisamiller.jpg but i might be wrong there's quite a few vickies blonde models. lara bingle has wider spaced eyes and her face is not as long.

i agree with your inspiration fi :)
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane

Postby fi_112 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:16 am

Oh whoops!! Sorry! Haha I'm just obsessed with Lara Bingle I guess. She has lovely curves. Personally, I don't like the overly muscled, 10% body fat look, I prefer a subtly toned curvy girl :)
To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are
fi_112

Previous

Return to Almost there