It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:58 am

Free Newsletter

Juno *warning - now contains spoilers*

A place to discuss your favourite Movies and TV Shows.

Moderator: Moderators

Juno *warning - now contains spoilers*

Postby milkyway » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:53 pm

Loved loved loved this movie. Highly recommend it if you haven't seen it.

Anyone else seen it?
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Re: Juno

Postby electrongirl » Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:58 pm

I want to see it sooooooo bad!!!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby Gal Friday » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:07 am

I saw this on Thursday, and adored it as well. It is in my top 10 movies now!
Gal Friday

Postby bjay » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:50 am

Hi im really really new just joined like 3 minutes ago. Dont mean to be rude but is that the movie about teenage pregnancy?
bjay

Postby electrongirl » Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:40 am

Yep thats the one. I found this synopsis:

When a teenage girl is faced with an unexpected pregnancy, she enlists the aid of her best friend in finding the unborn child a suitable home in this coming-of-age comedy drama from Thank You for Smoking director Jason Reitman. Juno (Ellen Page) may seem wise beyond her years, but after sleeping with classmate Bleeker (Michael Cera), the pregnant teen quickly realizes how little she really knows about life. Thankfully, Juno has been blessed with parents (J.K. Simmons and Allison Janney) who trust their daughter's judgment, and a best friend named Leah (Olivia Thirlby), who's always willing to help out in a pinch. With a little help from Leah, Juno soon comes into contact with Mark (Jason Bateman) and Vanessa (Jennifer Garner) -- an affluent suburban couple who have been unable to conceive a child of their own. Mark and Vanessa seem like they would make great parents, and are eager to adopt Juno's unborn child. Now, as adolescent Juno is faced with a series of very adult decisions, she will draw on the support of her family and friends in order to discover who she truly is, and discover that one bad choice can have a lifetime of consequences. ~ Jason Buchanan, All Movie Guide
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby HappyBella55 » Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:43 pm

Yep I've seen it and highly recommend it.

Loved it :!:
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby Tummygirl » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:04 pm

Loved this movie had a little tear when she gave the baby to the new mommy .... very touching
Cassie xox

Starting Weight 140 kg
Loss To Date 5 kg
Current Weight 135 KG
Tummygirl

Postby Gal Friday » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:37 pm

Oh! Can someone update this to "may contain spoilers"??? That is a BIG spoiler!!!

(I loved that toooooo!)

Funnily, we have now heard of two people we know having reactions (without seeing it obviously) of the movie glamourising teen pregnancy! I had a friend say quite blantantly that the movie hypes up teen pregnancy to be all blaze and what not... had to set her straight there!
Gal Friday

Re: Juno *warning - now contains spoilers*

Postby milkyway » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:39 pm

While I think the character was often quite blase about her situation, I don't think the movie was blase about teen pregnancy at all.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby vanessa » Fri Mar 07, 2008 12:55 am

I absolutely adored Juno!
It's such a nice quirky film. Michael Cera and Ellen Page did a good job with their acting and the soundtrack was nicely picked. I really reccommend everyone to watch it if you haven't already! :D
vanessa

Postby MissE » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:54 am

I think anyone who says it glamourises teen pregnancy has missed the point. Rather it provides a very realistic look at it, not to mention provides a progressively more rare commentary on adoption as an option for pregnant teens.
Accidental teen pregnancy, whilst usually not desirable, doesnt have to be 9 months of hell and doom and gloom. I dont think any teen would look at this film and go 'hey, that makes me less worried about getting knocked up!'
I thought it was a fantastic film and I plan to buy it when it comes out on DVD.
Life is too important to be taken seriously!
MissE

Postby Rustie » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:32 pm

Ok let me start by saying I havent seen the film but im reluctent to...

8 years ago this was my life story. I fell pregnant at 14yrs old and had to grow up very quickly. I chose the adopt my daughter out but i couldnt go through with it so she is still here driving me nuts nearly 8 years later. I love her to death. My folks were very supportive of my choices. When my mum told my dad his comment was " atleast she doesnt have cancer and is dying! Its only a f. ing baby. She will learn" That is the best comment that has ever come out of my dads mouth i think. On the condition that i did decide to keep her i was to return to school. They didnt want me to be a bumm and on welfare for the rest of my life.
So my journey started from there. Gave birth to a healthy 7lb 12oz baby girl on the 19th Spetember 2000. LIfe has been a rollercaster but everyone has those periods in their life. I learnt very quickly about alot of things i had never ever thought about.
I really get angry when narrow minded people put teenage mums into the catagory of she's a piece of crap. Lifes not easy and never will be. I have made a sucess out of my life so far and will continue to do so. Just because of one mistake doesnt mean than im any less of a person than anyone else.
The main thingthat relly fires me up( and i do it alot) is the parents that say they wont put their daughters on contraception because "they might go out and have censored" Well censored is a part of life and growing up and if you want to stick your head in the sand and say my daughter wouldnt ever do it then your just very very stupid. They will be the ones with the teenage mums.
My daughter knows that im young and i think she is very proud of that fact. She is top of her class at school and is doing very very well in every aspect of her life.

SW: 80kg
CW: 78.5kg
GW: 60kg
Rustie

Postby MissE » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:20 pm

Rustie: I think you should see the film. It might hit a bit close to home but it certainly wont make you feel like people are looking down on teenage mums. Its a great film.
Life is too important to be taken seriously!
MissE

Postby Rustie » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:27 pm

Yeh think im more scared of bringing up the past i have worked so hard to change!! Oh and crying right through it.
Maybe I will make my other half watch it and then maybe watch it with my daughter and explain things....

SW: 80kg
CW: 78.5kg
GW: 60kg
Rustie

Postby electrongirl » Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:57 am

Rustie, I commend you for your decision to keep your baby and not let others make you sorry for it. I have met you and I know you are an awesome chick!! I too was a teenage mother, getting pregnant at 17. My mum was 16, my sisters 15 & 18 so this is a common thing in my life. All our kids are wonderful and well adjusted.

What you did was admirable and probably very scary.

Back to the movie, I absolutely loved it. It made me cry alot but it also made me happy. I really recommend it.

Image Image
electrongirl

Next

Return to Movies and TV Show