It is currently Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:58 pm

Free Newsletter

Joss Whedon's Dr Horrible's Sing-Along Blog!

A place to discuss your favourite Movies and TV Shows.

Moderator: Moderators

Joss Whedon's Dr Horrible's Sing-Along Blog!

Postby rivenriver » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:40 pm

Does anyone else think this looks like AWESOME wrapped in AWESOME? :D

Haven't heard of it? :)

It's a new venture from Joss Whedon (he of Firefly/Serenity/Buffy/Angel/Dollhouse/Toy Story/Other cool stuff fame). It's a science fiction musical about a low rent super villain (Neil Patrick Harris), his arch-enemy (Nathan Fillion) and the girl he's too shy to talk to (Felicia Day).

What makes it extra cool? It's being made in defiance of Hollywood Convention and Show Business. It was made as cheap as possible with no producers or studios, and it's being released on the internet, for free! (Well, at first, anyway, then they're going to have a download fee and release a super-cool DVD so they can attempt to pay the people who helped make it).

I just think the whole thing is really neat. My initial reaction was along the lines of Joss!Fillion!Sci-Fi-Musical!Supervilains!Squue!OMG!OMG! - cos I'm a total fan girl of anything by Joss Whedon. But when I found out more, it really interested me, because this is a new direction, a new way of making entertainment. It was made during the writer's strike as a new venture, a new way of doing things without short-changing the writers, proving tot he studios and producers that hey, they're not the be all and end all.

Anyone else know about it? What do you think?

Re: Joss Whedon's Dr Horrible's Sing-Along Blog!

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:50 pm

I hadn't heard of it until now, but I'm definitely going to keep my eye out for it! Thanks for the info!

Part of me is a bit nervous though. I was a huge fan of Buffy, but the musical episode made me cringe. I hope the music is better in this one!

Return to Movies and TV Show