It is currently Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:47 am

Free Newsletter

tash's movie's

A place to discuss your favourite Movies and TV Shows.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: tash's movie's

Postby Blitz » Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:04 am

Thanks for the review. :)

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby tinkerbella » Fri Aug 22, 2014 11:02 am

hey guys,
let me know if you go see it and what you think,
ive told all my friends how good it was and hope
you lot all enjoy it also..
it really was special..
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby tinkerbella » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:51 am

Going too the movies on Thursday if the weathers no good,if the weathers nice I will b off too the beach,
haven't seen much about this movie but its out Thursday..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJv_e3umeFI

If I stay.
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby Blitz » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:42 pm

I saw a longer clip of that movie at the cinema a few weeks ago...a lot of tease in that as well...still not sure what it is all about.

I am looking forward to 'Magic in the Moonlight'...the new Woody Allen movie. Woody Allen is a strange director...one minute he can produce an absolutely wonderful movie and the next - a real turkey...there is no middle ground for him! But anything with a magician in it has my attention anyway! :lol:

Kim
Blitz

Postby tinkerbella » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:46 pm

Blitz wrote:I saw a longer clip of that movie at the cinema a few weeks ago...a lot of tease in that as well...still not sure what it is all about.

I am looking forward to 'Magic in the Moonlight'...the new Woody Allen movie. Woody Allen is a strange director...one minute he can produce an absolutely wonderful movie and the next - a real turkey...there is no middle ground for him! But anything with a magician in it has my attention anyway! :lol:

Kim

you have got it right Woody Allen and strange....lol

Magic in the moonlight,sounds nice I will have too look that one up...
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby DD Diva » Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:18 pm

Blitz wrote:I am looking forward to 'Magic in the Moonlight'...the new Woody Allen movie. Woody Allen is a strange director...one minute he can produce an absolutely wonderful movie and the next - a real turkey...there is no middle ground for him! But anything with a magician in it has my attention anyway! :lol:

Kim

Yes I'm looking forward to that movie too; love that time period, and Sophie's abilities/powers are an added bonus!!! :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAwbwKURvm0

Kim, did you see "Now you see me"??? Now, that was awesome (and in true Vegas style)!!! :wink:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:51 am

DD Diva wrote:Yes I'm looking forward to that movie too; love that time period, and Sophie's abilities/powers are an added bonus!!! :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAwbwKURvm0

Kim, did you see "Now you see me"??? Now, that was awesome (and in true Vegas style)!!! :wink:

I've heard one bad review and one good review so far for it. The magician that Firth is evoking is Chung Ling Soo (who died tragically on stage doing the bullet catching trick) during the Golden Age of Magic. That is the period of history where a number of magicians travelled the world with marvellous high production magic shows. Chung Ling Soo greatest trick was convincing the public that he was Chinese. It was only upon his death that the public learnt that his real name was W.E. Robinson and that he was an American. He would conduct press interviews pretending to speak Chinese and getting his manager to "interpret" him. He would always dress as a Chinaman in public. There were many magicians of the day (most famous being Houdini) who did much to expose countless fraudulent mediums that where about then.

I missed "Now You See Me". I'm a bit of a magic purest snob. I hate it when Hollywood uses "camera tricks" for doing the magic rather than presenting it in reality. It always leaves the audience feeling suckered (their gut can tell the difference even if the head can't). I'll probably catch it some time on DVD.

Kim
Blitz

Postby tinkerbella » Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:54 pm

tinkerbella wrote:Going too the movies on Thursday if the weathers no good,if the weathers nice I will b off too the beach,
haven't seen much about this movie but its out Thursday..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJv_e3umeFI

If I stay.

was a nice movie about a 6/10

I must say some really good movies coming out,seeing some I would love too see in the shorts..
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Postby Blitz » Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:57 pm

Definitely looks like a teenage date movie...I don't think its aimed at my demographic! :)

Kim
Blitz

Postby tinkerbella » Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:51 am

I haven't seen anything at all I want too go and see atm,missing going too the movies on the weekend,looks like we might have too head out for 10 pin bowling this weekend..
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Previous

Return to Movies and TV Show