It is currently Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:40 pm

Free Newsletter

What are you reading?

A place to discuss your favourite books.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: What are you reading?

Postby holly80 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:33 pm

i am reading "Remember Me?" by Sophie Kinsella

I thinks its a pretty good book. I am really into romance novels at the moment. Have read a few. Running out of idea's for my next one.

Holly

Every 5 kilos off= Pandora Charm

SW: 86kg 31/8/06
CW:
WL:
GW: 75kg

Rule your mind or it will rule you.You may delay, but time will not !!!
holly80

Postby shelbel » Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:54 pm

Ive just started reading 'god of small things' really enjoying it so far, its quite witty has anyone else read it??

Next in line is Stephen Kings new one 'Duma Key' i cant wait to get started on it!!!!
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby milkyway » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:12 pm

shelbel wrote:Ive just started reading 'god of small things' really enjoying it so far, its quite witty has anyone else read it??

No but it's on my should get around to reading that one day list.

I finished The Kite Runner - hmmm. I'm glad I read it. Not sure it's enjoyable, though the prose is lovely.

Then I read "Into the Wild" about that young guy who went into the Alaskan wilderness and died. Made into a movie recently by Sean Penn.

Now I'm reading "Falling Leaves" about a Chinese woman's upbringing in a wealthy chinese family... interesting so far :)

Travelling to work by train and tram everyday gives me a fair bit of reading time.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby shelbel » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:25 pm

Ooh the kite runner is in my to read pile!! (along with about 15 other books! I just keep buying them!)

I have to get that 'into the wild' i remember you talking about another time.
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

shelbel

Postby milkyway » Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:45 pm

'Into the Wild' is a factual book written in a journalistic style if you like this sort of thing. I like the author though - John Krakour - he wrote "Into thin Air" about a disasterous attempt to summit Mt Everest.
------------------------
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby shelbel » Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:35 pm

I looked it up on ebay and the synopsis sounds like he was a crazy man!!!! I can understand selling all your stuff and dissappearing from life, but he took it to another level!! :D

Im so gonna get it and add it to the pile! I need to quit my job and spend more time reading!! :D
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

shelbel

Postby mango_monkey » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:55 am

I love to read!! I recently bought Bryce Courtney's 'Sylvia', because I loved 'Jessica' so much, and he is fantastic, but it's not really my cup of tea... Also, for the 23rd time or so, 'The Other Boleyn Girl'. I'm terrible, I really should not read this thread, because I will go out and start other books i've heard reccomended, and end up with 6 being read at once - like always!!
mango_monkey

Postby holly80 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:21 am

holly80 wrote:i am reading "Remember Me?" by Sophie Kinsella

I thinks its a pretty good book. I am really into romance novels at the moment. Have read a few. Running out of idea's for my next one.

Gee, what a great book. I really enjoyed this read. Since then I have also read Everyone wortth Knowing by Laren Weisberger (the author of the devil wears prada). I really enjoyed this one also. Took abit to get into but once I did I couldnt put it down.

I started reading lessons in heartbreak by cathy kelly last night. seems good, so far. I have been waiting for this book to come out for months so cant wait ti see whats it going to be like.

Holly

CW:
WL:

holly80

Postby milkyway » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:38 pm

Lately I've read 'The Lovely Bones' - amazing book and definitely worth reading, 'A Thousand Acres' - can't work out why it got a Pulitzer Prize (must have been a dud year :P - it was good, but not THAT good) and 'Little White Lies' by Australian author Christina Jinks. Too much time in airports and on planes :P
------------------------
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby musclecar » Tue May 06, 2008 11:54 pm

the life and times of the thunderbolt kid - Bill Bryson

made in america - Bill Bryson

I love Bryson's take on life. Fresh, funny and revealing.

Cheers
musclecar

Postby shelbel » Wed May 07, 2008 12:33 pm

I love Bill Bryson, he cracks me up! Have you read down under, from when he travelled here, its so funny!!
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

shelbel

Postby Tarz » Thu May 08, 2008 3:31 pm

Was just at the shops and saw Cecilia Ahern has a new book - Thanks for the memories, and she has another one to come out later this year hope only comes once.
As soon as i finish my Marien Keys book i will be buying it, it has a real cute cover.

Also small fact i just found out, she is a producer for that show Samantha Who?
Tarz

Postby holly80 » Sat May 10, 2008 4:48 pm

Tarz wrote:Was just at the shops and saw Cecilia Ahern has a new book - Thanks for the memories, and she has another one to come out later this year hope only comes once.
As soon as i finish my Marien Keys book i will be buying it, it has a real cute cover.

Also small fact i just found out, she is a producer for that show Samantha Who?

Hey I saw that to today, it does have a cute cover. I cant wait to read it. I am still reading the new cathy kelly book, but only have 50 pages to go. I was going to buy it today but blew my budget big time and brought a state of origin jersy instead for when i go to the game... i really really really want the book though, might get it next week instead.

Holly

CW:
WL:

holly80

Postby milkyway » Sun May 11, 2008 1:33 am

I love Bill Bryson too. It's too embarrassing to read on public transport cos I'm always choking back guffaws of laughter :)

I've just finished reading a book by EL Doctorow called "World Fair" which was a pretty interesting read - almost missed my train stop a few times... so when that happens, I know it's pretty good.

I've just passed 'The Lovely Bones' to my sister to read. I'll read it again soon, I think.

I've just started Michael Moore's 'Stupid White Men' and it's hilarious, if not frightening :P
------------------------
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby musclecar » Tue May 13, 2008 11:16 pm

I have read down under yes :D Fantastic read.

i've read his early writings but nothing has topped notes from a small island. It really really summed England up beautifully. Me being half english it really rang true.

Cheers.
musclecar

PreviousNext

Return to Books