It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:43 pm

Free Newsletter

Books that change your life

A place to discuss your favourite books.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Kulaia » Sun Nov 11, 2007 12:08 pm

This probably sounds silly but I recently read Tuesdays with Morrie, it is such a gorgeous book and it really makes you think about the value of life etc.
Kulaia

Postby shelbel » Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:09 pm

I read tuesdays with morrie not long ago, great principals behind the book, but Mitch Albom's style of writing really erks me! LOL

Lolly i'll have to look into that book! And yeah ive been known to read cereal boxes myself! LOL

Its funny with veronika decides to die when i first started reading i thought 'geez i have every reason in the world to top myself' but by the end i felt the depression lifting and he did it so subtlly. Yeah it was givien to me by a friend when i was going through some things, an amazing book!! I'll never part with my copy!

My list of books to get is getting longer and longer! :D
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Re: Books that change your life

Postby Dameet » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:06 pm

The book that changed my life was called "Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle" by Tom Venuto.
I'm almost 21 now and I read this when I was in grade 8, almost 8 years ago, and my life since that day has been flipped upside down for the better :)

I was overweight and getting depressed, demotivated and hated who I was on the outside which transferred to hate on the inside.
This book is real, up front...no bull$h!t. It guided me to everything I ever needed to know about how to Take control of my life

Since then, I've read over a hundred nutrition and exercise books...they were all great but none were as influential and with more meaning than Burn the Fat, Burn the Muscle.

I don't know if it's available in hard copy, because I read the e-book.

If you guys wanna check it out, here it a tiny url of the site:
[URL Deleted]

Hopefully it impacts your life even half as much as it did to mine.

Cheers,
Dmitro
Last edited by CronicBadger on Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: The TinyURL was cloaking a clickbank affiliate link.
No matter HOW slow you're moving, you'll ALWAYS be lapping the ones on the couch...
Dameet

Re: Books that change your life

Postby Dameet » Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:19 am

Dameet wrote:If you guys wanna check it out, here it a tiny url of the site:
http://www.burnthefat.com

Cheers,
Dmitro
No matter HOW slow you're moving, you'll ALWAYS be lapping the ones on the couch...
Dameet

Previous

Return to Books