It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:25 pm

Free Newsletter

The Secret

A place to discuss your favourite books.

Moderator: Moderators

The Secret

Postby *KaTe* » Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:51 pm

So who's read it? Who practices it?

I've read it ages ago, and loved it. I practiced alot of it before hand as I've had alot of kineselogy/theta treatment done!

SMILE!!
*KaTe*

Postby Chelle » Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:38 pm

What's the book about, I find book's boring If I start reading one I only get so far then I get sick of it. But I do read children's book's to my boy's every night.
Chelle

Postby Playboy_bunny » Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:07 pm

uumm my mum is REALLY into it :) has read the book and has the dvd...all her friends have it and have read it...she burned me a copy of the dvd but I havent gotten around to watching it still :oops: although I do practice it anyway ;) xx
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby Rustie » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:48 am

Ye i have the book and love it aswell. Havent read it all though cause im slack. Watched the dvd though!

SW: 80kg
CW: 78.5kg
GW: 60kg
Rustie

Postby shelbel » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:00 am

Whats it all about?? Ive heard of it, but have no clue what its about!
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby milkyway » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:53 am

I watched the DVD a while ago and found that I was living by the principles behind The Secret anyway which I was introduced to years ago through a book called 'The Artists Way' by Julia Cameron which is a 12 week course to unlocking creativity - it's amazing and it works!

Anyway, it's essentially about the law of attraction - you attract whatever is in your conscious or subconscious mind. If you think about your debt, you attract debt, if you think about being happy, you attract happy.

First you have to be grateful for everything you have - thank god or 'the universe' (as I describe it) for things you have - good health, a great group of friends etc. Then ask for what you want - to be slim, to have more wealth, to have time out, a new job... whatever it may be. But be aware that everytime you say to yourself "I'm so fat" you're attracting fat so ... or if you say "I'll never find a husband" you'll never find one! You have switch your mindset to something more positive such as "I'm looking slimmer" so you attract slim.

You can collect images of what you want your life to be like and refer to it daily to help you attract those things you desire - a boyfriend, a new house, a holiday, extra money to pay off a credit card... whatever it may be.

Hope that helps somewhat and doesn't confuse anyone!
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby shelbel » Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:01 pm

Oh, yeah then, im already living the secret then! LOL My mum taught my all that stuuf years ago as she is into spirtiual/wiccan stuff. I even thank the lights for staying green for me! LOL
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

shelbel

Postby milkyway » Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:28 pm

Uh-huh... and then visualise that car park right outside the shops ;)
------------------------
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby shelbel » Sun Nov 11, 2007 9:28 pm

Oh yeah, i do that too!! :D
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

shelbel

Postby Jewles » Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:02 pm

chasers war on everything did an episode about this, it was hillarious
they were going around stealings people stuff saying they visualised it so it was theres and crashed into a car because they visualised an empty car spot but there was a car in it haha
Jewles

Postby milkyway » Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:00 pm

Jewles wrote:chasers war on everything did an episode about this, it was hillarious
they were going around stealings people stuff saying they visualised it so it was theres and crashed into a car because they visualised an empty car spot but there was a car in it haha

That sounds hilarious!!! :lol:
------------------------
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Fireball » Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:53 am

I love those chaser pranks. They are brilliant. I just finished reading The Secret. I loved the look of the book; it had a mystical feel about it. I try to be a positive thinker so related that aspect of the book. But I found concept that "the Universe will provide" not realistic. I know someone who used to say that and they appeared to practise it but they were always broke and starving. :roll:

I believe we need to think positively. Decide on your goals and believe you can achieve great thngs, but then you need to put things into action to make it occur. Luck = preparation + opportunity Our brains do contain an area called the Reticular Activating System which basically means that it will notice what is important to you. I realsied it was true when I bought a new car and suddenly I would see that model and colour car eveywhere.

How does this benefit you? Well say you decide you would like to build a path by your pool, on your way to work you might notice a sign in someones yard that has been there for 2 months that says -GIVE AWAY BRICKS.

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan
Fireball

Postby SarahC » Tue Dec 18, 2007 4:23 pm

I haven't read it. I'm reading this at the moment though... it's by Mike Filsaime, from "The Millionairre Phenomenon". Quite amusing... and true! :wink:

You know I think The Secret is not telling the entire story, okay and they tell you, it’s been around forever it’s called ‘The Secret is the law of attraction’. You know you can attract anything that you want if you simply declare it.

But there’s a couple of things that you really need to do that aren’t covered or aren’t covered in detail in The Secret. Declaring what you want is one thing. You need to focus, proper focus is key, you need the right tools and you need to take massive action.

There’s a story of a man he’s 18 years old and he gets down on his knees and he says, “Dear God please let me win the lottery’. The next day he wakes up doesn’t win the lottery, he’s doing this for years, he’s now 25 years old and he gets on his knees, ‘Dear God please let me win the lottery, I promise to do great things with the money.’ Doesn’t win the lottery.

He’s now 50 years old he gets down on his knees before he goes to bed, ‘Dear God please let me win the lottery let me show you what good I can do in this world with the money.’ And he’s sincere about it. And he doesn’t win the lottery.

He’s 80 years old he’s an old man at this point. He gets down, ‘God please let me win the lottery I promise I don’t have much time left on this earth. I promise I can do things with this money for charity I’ll show you’ and the clouds spread and the sun shines through and a big voice comes down from heaven and says, ‘Saul buy the ticket’.

So the moral of that story is it’s okay to declare something and say I’m going to attract a million dollars or whatever the case is. We need to focus, we need to have the right tools and we need to take action. Does that make sense? Okay. So I don’t want you to think that I’m against The Secret I think it’s the first step but there are some other things that need to be done
SarahC

Postby serendipity » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:42 pm

I have just noticed, a diary type book my sister brought me is the Gratitude Book from The Secret. Each page has a phrase of gratitude on it. Didnt take any notice of the lable on the book until i read this thread. I use the book as a journal for a certain part of my life and the phrases boost my day :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wliAkne/]
[/url]
serendipity

Return to Books