It is currently Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:13 am

Free Newsletter

Favourite Authors

A place to discuss your favourite books.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Favourite Authors

Postby holly80 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:26 pm

Mine are

Cathy Kelly
Sophie Kinsella
cecila ahern
Marian keyes
Catherine Alliot

all romance lol

Holly

Every 5 kilos off= Pandora Charm

SW: 86kg 31/8/06
CW:
WL:
GW: 75kg

Rule your mind or it will rule you.You may delay, but time will not !!!
holly80

Postby milkyway » Sun Apr 13, 2008 4:40 pm

ellecee wrote:lexi, I have to say "The Lovely Bones" is one of my all time fav books.. what an amazing writer Alice Sebold is. Have you read her latest? - The Almost Moon. - I was a bit disappointed, whilst it was well written, I found it a bit too dark.

Finally got around to reading The Lovely Bones and sooo glad I did - I was fighting back the tears for the first 50 or so pages and got swept away by the rest. I think I gobbled it in about 2 days - I just couldn't put it down.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Cac33 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:12 pm

holly80 wrote:Mine are

Cathy Kelly
Sophie Kinsella
cecila ahern
Marian keyes
Catherine Alliot

all romance lol

My god Holly I love those Authors!! I have just finished reading Remember me by Sophie Kinsella this morning! & we were talking about Cathy Kelly & Marian Keys on the other thread. I have also read one of Catherine Alliot's books. We must have great taste in Authors 8)
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Postby holly80 » Sun Apr 13, 2008 6:26 pm

Cac33 wrote:
holly80 wrote:Mine are

Cathy Kelly
Sophie Kinsella
cecila ahern
Marian keyes
Catherine Alliot

all romance lol

My god Holly I love those Authors!! I have just finished reading Remember me by Sophie Kinsella this morning! & we were talking about Cathy Kelly & Marian Keys on the other thread. I have also read one of Catherine Alliot's books. We must have great taste in Authors 8)

2 great minds think alike hey :D
how funny is that lol

Holly

CW:
WL:

holly80

Postby Tarz » Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:19 pm

I love Cecilia Ahern as well! I thought they did a great job when they turned P.S i love you into a movie (although i wouldn't have chosen Hilary Swank!)
Her and Marian Keys are the only two authors that i have read all their books. And i don't get much time to read.
Tarz

Postby holly80 » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:57 pm

Tarz wrote:I love Cecilia Ahern as well! I thought they did a great job when they turned P.S i love you into a movie (although i wouldn't have chosen Hilary Swank!)
Her and Marian Keys are the only two authors that i have read all their books. And i don't get much time to read.

I havnt seen the movie yet. I gather it will be out on foxtel box office soon though

Holly

CW:
WL:

holly80

Postby kazziegal » Sun Apr 20, 2008 8:26 pm

milkyway wrote:
ellecee wrote:lexi, I have to say "The Lovely Bones" is one of my all time fav books.. what an amazing writer Alice Sebold is. Have you read her latest? - The Almost Moon. - I was a bit disappointed, whilst it was well written, I found it a bit too dark.

Finally got around to reading The Lovely Bones and sooo glad I did - I was fighting back the tears for the first 50 or so pages and got swept away by the rest. I think I gobbled it in about 2 days - I just couldn't put it down.

So glad you got around to reading The Lovely Bones .. like ellecee it is one of my all time fave books ..I have read it 3 times I just love it.

My other all time fave is Jodi Picoult .. she is just awesome once you start reading her you cant put her down.. i have all of her books and I have just bought her latest one Change of Heart which I havent read yet. She writes so acurately as she actually physically researches her information. For Plain Truth she actually went to live on an Amish Farm with the Amish people for a week and this latest book she actually spent time in jail and in the execution chamber. I cant recomment her enough. My most fave books of hers so far are Plain Truth and The Pact but they are all great :)
kazziegal

Postby LillyPilly » Thu May 01, 2008 7:04 pm

Tarz wrote:I love Cecilia Ahern as well! I thought they did a great job when they turned P.S i love you into a movie (although i wouldn't have chosen Hilary Swank!)

I have a question about P.S I love You.

Is the book about two teenagers who fall in love and the boy dies?

When I was younger I used to read Sweet Dreams novels.

One of the books I read was called P.S I love you. The P was for Paul and the S for his last name.
LillyPilly

Postby Tarz » Sun May 04, 2008 8:06 pm

no this movie is about a girl and a guy who get married at a young age that love each other a lot and he dies and for the next few months he had prepared letters to send to her to help her through his death and at the end of each letter he would sign it p.s i love you. its a really sad movie with some really funny light hearted moments. i love it. I got it on dvd when i went away and plan to watch it again. but the book is better goes into more detail. But the books always better right?
Tarz

Postby LilDevil » Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:38 pm

Stephen King
Dean Koontz
Terry Pratchett
Matthew Reilly
Jeff Lindsay
Bryce Courtenay
John Marsden
Michael Crichton

Just to name a few...