It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:26 am

Free Newsletter

Last chance saloon

A place to discuss your favourite books.

Moderator: Moderators

Last chance saloon

Postby holly80 » Sun May 11, 2008 6:08 pm

by marian keyes, has anyon read it. I really wanna go out and buy the new cecial ahern book but trying to pay my hubby money for my origin jersry. i have this book and havnt read it yet.. whats it like ???

Holly

Every 5 kilos off= Pandora Charm


SW: 86kg 31/8/06
CW:
WL:
GW: 75kg

Rule your mind or it will rule you.You may delay, but time will not !!!
holly80
 
Posts: 576
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:53 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Last chance saloon

Postby Cac33 » Sun May 11, 2008 6:13 pm

I read it years ago so can't really remember the story but I love everything Marian Keyes has written. Sorry not much help but Marian Keyes writes good chick books :mrgreen:
Cass

Image

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
User avatar
Cac33
 
Posts: 1263
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:36 am
Location: Sunny QLD

Re: Last chance saloon

Postby Diminishing » Mon May 12, 2008 3:35 pm

Haven't re-read it for a good few years, but it was good. I love all of Marian Keyes books.......
Lucy xx

Image
User avatar
Diminishing
 
Posts: 299
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:26 pm
Location: Beautiful Adelaide

Re: Last chance saloon

Postby holly80 » Fri May 16, 2008 7:23 pm

Diminishing wrote:Haven't re-read it for a good few years, but it was good. I love all of Marian Keyes books.......



I have never read any of her books, this is the first one, and i am really enjoying it. its kinda reminds me of a cecila ahern book..

Holly

Every 5 kilos off= Pandora Charm


SW: 86kg 31/8/06
CW:
WL:
GW: 75kg

Rule your mind or it will rule you.You may delay, but time will not !!!
holly80
 
Posts: 576
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:53 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Last chance saloon

Postby Tarz » Sat May 17, 2008 3:52 pm

Holly we seem to be reading the same books lately, i have just bought Last Chance Saloon from the book club at work for $7 and plan to read it this week. After that i will be uying the new Cecilia Ahern book to read. So far the has only been one marien keys book i haven't liked and thats Watermelon, the rest i have loved! They have very similar writing styles.
Image
User avatar
Tarz
 
Posts: 1475
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:46 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Last chance saloon

Postby holly80 » Sat May 17, 2008 6:31 pm

Tarz wrote:Holly we seem to be reading the same books lately, i have just bought Last Chance Saloon from the book club at work for $7 and plan to read it this week. After that i will be uying the new Cecilia Ahern book to read. So far the has only been one marien keys book i haven't liked and thats Watermelon, the rest i have loved! They have very similar writing styles.



ahahhahahhaha Tara if you tell me you brought it rom lifetime books then I am just going to scream with laughter

Holly

Every 5 kilos off= Pandora Charm


SW: 86kg 31/8/06
CW:
WL:
GW: 75kg

Rule your mind or it will rule you.You may delay, but time will not !!!
holly80
 
Posts: 576
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:53 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Last chance saloon

Postby holly80 » Sat May 17, 2008 6:32 pm

holly80 wrote:
Tarz wrote:Holly we seem to be reading the same books lately, i have just bought Last Chance Saloon from the book club at work for $7 and plan to read it this week. After that i will be uying the new Cecilia Ahern book to read. So far the has only been one marien keys book i haven't liked and thats Watermelon, the rest i have loved! They have very similar writing styles.



ahahhahahhaha Tara if you tell me you brought it rom lifetime books then I am just going to scream with laughter


plus i am reading the new cecila ahern book after this one lol. go away stop copying me :lol:

Holly

Every 5 kilos off= Pandora Charm


SW: 86kg 31/8/06
CW:
WL:
GW: 75kg

Rule your mind or it will rule you.You may delay, but time will not !!!
holly80
 
Posts: 576
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:53 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Last chance saloon

Postby holly80 » Tue May 20, 2008 9:32 pm

tara, how are you enjoyong the book ?? i love it so far

Holly

Every 5 kilos off= Pandora Charm


SW: 86kg 31/8/06
CW:
WL:
GW: 75kg

Rule your mind or it will rule you.You may delay, but time will not !!!
holly80
 
Posts: 576
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:53 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Last chance saloon

Postby candycane » Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:27 pm

i love cecilia ahern! totally didnt think ps i love u the movie was as good as the book though.

im incredibly random with books - trying to steer clear of the scary ones now i think they were makeing me paranoid LOL

been lookin at marian keyes books tossing up whether to buy or not. Ne suggestions?
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane
 
Posts: 1377
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:18 am
Location: NSW

Re: Last chance saloon

Postby holly80 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:02 pm

candycane wrote:i love cecilia ahern! totally didnt think ps i love u the movie was as good as the book though.

im incredibly random with books - trying to steer clear of the scary ones now i think they were makeing me paranoid LOL

been lookin at marian keyes books tossing up whether to buy or not. Ne suggestions?



this book is the only book of hers I have read, give it a go its great

Holly

Every 5 kilos off= Pandora Charm


SW: 86kg 31/8/06
CW:
WL:
GW: 75kg

Rule your mind or it will rule you.You may delay, but time will not !!!
holly80
 
Posts: 576
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:53 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Last chance saloon

Postby Tarz » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:39 am

candycane wrote:been lookin at marian keyes books tossing up whether to buy or not. Ne suggestions?


Get the book is anyone out there, i loved it. Its by Marien Keys, another realy good one is Angels. And don't forget there is a new Cecilia Ahern book out at the moment "thanks for the memories"

holly80 wrote:tara, how are you enjoyong the book ?? i love it so far

not going very far yet, haven't started! I have not had anytime. By the time i do get home at night and have my dinner there is no way i can concentrate on reading. Maybe over the weekend i will be able to get a start on it.
Image
User avatar
Tarz
 
Posts: 1475
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:46 pm
Location: Sydney

Re: Last chance saloon

Postby holly80 » Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:41 pm

Tarz wrote:
candycane wrote:been lookin at marian keyes books tossing up whether to buy or not. Ne suggestions?


Get the book is anyone out there, i loved it. Its by Marien Keys, another realy good one is Angels. And don't forget there is a new Cecilia Ahern book out at the moment "thanks for the memories"

holly80 wrote:tara, how are you enjoyong the book ?? i love it so far

not going very far yet, haven't started! I have not had anytime. By the time i do get home at night and have my dinner there is no way i can concentrate on reading. Maybe over the weekend i will be able to get a start on it.



Well I finished the book, i really liked it. Come on Tara start reading so I can discuss it lol

Holly

Every 5 kilos off= Pandora Charm


SW: 86kg 31/8/06
CW:
WL:
GW: 75kg

Rule your mind or it will rule you.You may delay, but time will not !!!
holly80
 
Posts: 576
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:53 pm
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Last chance saloon

Postby candycane » Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:12 pm

yay i'll look out for it definately. Love cecilia ahern, where rainbows end was also awesome.

And will look out for the marian keyes book too i always love a suggestion. Has anyone read "Marley and me" ? If not, i really enjoyed it so theres one for yas :)
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane
 
Posts: 1377
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:18 am
Location: NSW

Re: Last chance saloon

Postby LilDevil » Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:29 pm

I'm currently half way through Sushi For Beginners, it's my first Marian Keyes after countless recommendations from friends, and I really can't see what all the fuss is about. I'm finding it quite boring, so I can't imagine I'll bother with anything else of hers.
Image

Goal 1: Start - 27/03/08
Goal 2: Under 70kg - 30/05/08
Goal 3: 65kg
Goal 4: 60kg
Goal 5: Maintenance
LilDevil
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:16 pm
Location: Central Qld

Re: Last chance saloon

Postby candycane » Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:57 am

i just read one, i cant member what its called my marian keyes i actually rather enjoyed it, characters: Jo Jo, Gemma and Lily? its good :)

Gonna go out n buy a couple today!
Goal: 65-67 kg <-------Ultimate Goal:
For now? No weighing for a few weeks...
candycane
 
Posts: 1377
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:18 am
Location: NSW

Next

Return to Books

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest