It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:49 pm

Free Newsletter

Patrick Swayze has 5 weeks to live

A place to talk about your favourite Celeb.

Moderator: Moderators

Patrick Swayze has 5 weeks to live

Postby electrongirl » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:33 am

Story taken from News.com.au

The Ghost actor is reportedly suffering from a particularly vicious form of pancreatic cancer which has now spread to his other organs, and is not responding to treatment.

Swayze, 55, was diagnosed with cancer more than a month ago, the New York Post reported on its website today, citing a representative for the actor. The Post story follows similar reports in the tabloid press. No further details were available.

Swayze - who is a qualified pilot - has reportedly been flying his private Beechcraft aeroplane to Stanford University's highly respected cancer centre in Palo Alto, California, for radical chemotherapy.

However, the three doses of chemotherapy failed to significantly shrink the tumour, and doctors have now told the 55-year-old to prepare for the end, according to the National Enquirer magazine.

A source close to the star said: "He was told he could have two more treatments, but his cancer was not responding. In short - they held out little hope for a cure.

"It's time to start praying for a miracle."

The source said: "He looks terrible. We don't think he's going to make it. Patrick's family and friends are so grief-stricken they can barely contain their tears and anger."

Swayze - who is married to actress Lisa Niemi - has lost more than 9kg in the last few weeks, and is surviving solely on a liquid diet as he is having trouble keeping down solids.

Sufferers of pancreatic cancer typically have a survival rate of less than 5 per cent, but as the cancer has spread to Swayze's other vital organs he has an even lower chance of beating the disease.

Swayze first shot to fame starring as bad boy Johnny Castle in the hit 1987 movie Dirty Dancing before going on to star in a host of hit films including Ghost and Point Break.

- with Reuters
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Re: Patrick Swayze has 5 weeks to live

Postby Tarz » Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:39 am

:cry: I had tears when i heard this this morning. Really sad. :cry:
Tarz

Postby Cac33 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:16 am

So sad! My thoughts are with his family during this difficult time & I hope he enjoys life to the fullest while he still can
Cass

SW: 108.3 (4Feb08)
CW: 96.1
GW: 70
Cac33

Postby ali76 » Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:45 am

NO!

OMG...when I was 12 I was going to marry him....since I'm at home I'm going to watch Dirty Dancing and have a good cry...

I can't believe this!
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby GoddessInside » Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:46 pm

It's just unbearable .... what has this world come too ? I mean you would expect to hear about cancer deaths in the 60's & 70's where medicine wasnt as advanced as today's technologies and treatments.

This is terribly upsetting. I hope he lives his last weeks to the fullest and pray for a miracle for him.
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby holly80 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 4:49 pm

Gee it feels like evryone around me is dying from cancer. Its just a awful thing that takes away so many preicous lives, its not fair

Holly

Every 5 kilos off= Pandora Charm

SW: 86kg 31/8/06
CW:
WL:
GW: 75kg

Rule your mind or it will rule you.You may delay, but time will not !!!
holly80

Postby talia11 » Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:01 pm

I think they said the 5 week thing was a bit exagerated - he apparently is receiving treatment and things are looking positive....
Carmen - Weight Watchers -Goal 72kg

talia11

Postby holly80 » Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:15 am

talia11 wrote:I think they said the 5 week thing was a bit exagerated - he apparently is receiving treatment and things are looking positive....

Yeah thats it, but sometimes the dr's are correct with the time given. They were with my brother in law.

But then again, can we really believe what the media says anyway?

Holly

Every 5 kilos off= Pandora Charm

SW: 86kg 31/8/06
CW:
WL:
GW: 75kg

Rule your mind or it will rule you.You may delay, but time will not !!!
holly80

Postby carinna » Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:49 am

Hey - has anybody heard any updates on this? I mean, they gave him like 5 or 6 weeks to live and that was back in April or March. As far as I know he's still ok. I even heard he's going to have a TV show coming out soon. Any other news I missed? I love Patrick Swayze. :(
*Check out my BEFORE and AFTER pics*:
http://www.carinna.wordpress.com
**Comments are always welcome!**
carinna

Postby electrongirl » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:00 pm

Well according to this story he is doing well, although he won't give up the smokes!! Silly man!

http://entertainment.oneindia.in/hollywood/top-stories/scoop/2008/patrick-smoke-cigarette-200808.html
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby Gordz » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:23 am

he's still kickin isn't he?
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Start date: 12/8/2013
Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go
Gordz

Postby electrongirl » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:02 pm

Gordz wrote:he's still kickin isn't he?

yep I saw an interview with him on Inside Edition the other night and he is still going strong and still smoking too!! He looks ok.

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby Gordz » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:27 pm

he has an awesome PR
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Start date: 12/8/2013
Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go
Gordz

Postby Alexandra » Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:09 pm

I reckon he looks pretty crook....I saw some of that interview and he impressed me greatly. What a great example of human spirit during adversity. He is upright and able to function therefore he has a bit of time left still but, devastatingly for his family, I don't think he will see another Christmas :( :cry: . What I also find remarkable (other than his strength of character and his will to live and survive) is that he has managed to stay together with is wife of twenty something years in Hollywood. :shock: Not many manage that feat (John Travolta is the only other I can think of). They must be such a sweet couple and I know many of us can appreciate how cancer (and caring for a loved one with cancer or a terminal illness) can put such a strain on families and relationships. I wish them well and the very best that life has in store for them next. It is sooo hard....death and grief are difficult things to approach and manage and speaking from personal experience, we are all so ill equipped and educated to handle, it's something we never speak about or learn about, it's mostly swept under the carpet and suffered in silence....I really feel for them and others in their situation...it's just so hard....
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4nfAl9/]

HW: 127 kg
CW: 93.7 kg
GW: 68 kg
LW: 73 kg
Alexandra

Return to Celebrity Gossip