It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:12 am

Free Newsletter

You name it !!

A place to talk about your favourite Celeb.

Moderator: Moderators

You name it !!

Postby tinkerbella » Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:26 pm

If you could be any movie star whom would it be???

I would love too be
Angelina Jolie,not because of Brad Pitt because he doesn't do a thing for me,but Ange I think is something special...
START WEIGHT 98
11/08/15........80
GOAL WEIGHT.81
tinkerbella

Re: You name it !!

Postby ganymede » Wed Aug 27, 2014 10:08 am

I'd personally prefer to be an author. Being a movie star sounds like hard work and I don't particularly fancy my private life appearing in every magazine under the sun. An author still gets that acclaim for their work but is less likely to be swarmed by the paparazzi going to the local cafe to get a cuppa! :lol:
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby DD Diva » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:21 pm

ganymede wrote:I'd personally prefer to be an author. Being a movie star sounds like hard work and I don't particularly fancy my private life appearing in every magazine under the sun. An author still gets that acclaim for their work but is less likely to be swarmed by the paparazzi going to the local cafe to get a cuppa! :lol:

I'm with you Shelley, better to be known for your ability to write, educate (through reading) and live on in books than to impersonate characters, entertain for a while only to be forgotten in years to come!!! :oops: Though having said that, the legends of the big screen are remembered and revered for years after they're gone, eventually even those bright stars dimmer with each new generation!!!
DD Diva

Postby CronicBadger » Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:45 pm

Charlie Sheen. His life never seems to be boring.
CronicBadger

Postby DD Diva » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:02 pm

CronicBadger wrote:Charlie Sheen. His life never seems to be boring.

That's because being a bad boy takes up a lot of time!!! :lol: :lol:
DD Diva

Postby Blitz » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:22 am

DD Diva wrote:I'm with you Shelley, better to be known for your ability to write, educate (through reading) and live on in books than to impersonate characters, entertain for a while only to be forgotten in years to come!!! :oops: Though having said that, the legends of the big screen are remembered and revered for years after they're gone, eventually even those bright stars dimmer with each new generation!!!

Hey! That's my livelihood you're speaking of! :shock:
Many books have been written and the authors have long been forgotten too. Whilst I haven't written a book yet, I have illustrated a few books. And while it is great to have the work in print the glory of it soon passes.

I'm not "A List" (more like "Z List") famous but I am occasionally recognised on the streets and have been asked for my autograph a few times. What I have learnt about it (abet in a minor way) is that it doesn't account for much in the end. Yes it is nice to be complimented by strangers but I've seen too many of my colleagues have their heads turned to fall for that trap.

What really counts is the joy that you give people. For a little while you have transported another human being to a special place of wonder. My father-in-law once recounted how he helped a magician on stage once when he was a boy. His face lit up as he told the tale how the poured milk into his ear and made it come out of his elbow...it was the boy that was telling me the tale. He concluded the story with how he always wondered how the magician did it. That was 70 years after the event. He asked me if I knew...I did...but didn't tell him - it would have destroyed the wonder.
When I perform I want to create a memory that will last to provide a moment of wonder for a lifetime.

Every Christmas Day for years now I'm booked to do the same job. Last year I finished the job and was leaving the venue when a woman ran after me. She wanted to thank me. I fobbed it off saying that it was a great venue, food and event etc but she pressed further.
She explained just how special my performances had been to her family particularly to her son. Every year at Christmas they would have a family dinner together but one year her father, the boy's grandfather had died and they couldn't face having the dinner at home without him. They decided to go out for dinner Christmas Day so as not to be reminded of what missing now.
So they are at the Christmas dinner at the venue when a magician fronts up at there table and delights them with his tricks. The son was enthralled...and he laughs and laughs...something he hadn't done since granddad had passed away. Apparently I had "made" their Christmas and they returned year after year. This year she had feared that I wouldn't stop at their table because the boy is now a young man...but I did stop...and delighted and fills them with wonder again(the young man especially).
For this boy maybe in 70 years time he will recount the memory of a magician with wonder.
To touch people's lives is better than fame.

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Postby DD Diva » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:56 am

Blitz wrote:
DD Diva wrote:Hey! That's my livelihood you're speaking of! :shock:
Many books have been written and the authors have long been forgotten too. Whilst I haven't written a book yet, I have illustrated a few books. And while it is great to have the work in print the glory of it soon passes.

I'm not "A List" (more like "Z List") famous but I am occasionally recognised on the streets and have been asked for my autograph a few times. What I have learnt about it (abet in a minor way) is that it doesn't account for much in the end. Yes it is nice to be complimented by strangers but I've seen too many of my colleagues have their heads turned to fall for that trap.

What really counts is the joy that you give people.
For a little while you have transported another human being to a special place of wonder. My father-in-law once recounted how he helped a magician on stage once when he was a boy. His face lit up as he told the tale how the poured milk into his ear and made it come out of his elbow...it was the boy that was telling me the tale. He concluded the story with how he always wondered how the magician did it. That was 70 years after the event. He asked me if I knew...I did...but didn't tell him - it would have destroyed the wonder.
When I perform I want to create a memory that will last to provide a moment of wonder for a lifetime.

Every Christmas Day for years now I'm booked to do the same job. Last year I finished the job and was leaving the venue when a woman ran after me. She wanted to thank me. I fobbed it off saying that it was a great venue, food and event etc but she pressed further.
She explained just how special my performances had been to her family particularly to her son. Every year at Christmas they would have a family dinner together but one year her father, the boy's grandfather had died and they couldn't face having the dinner at home without him. They decided to go out for dinner Christmas Day so as not to be reminded of what missing now.
So they are at the Christmas dinner at the venue when a magician fronts up at there table and delights them with his tricks. The son was enthralled...and he laughs and laughs...something he hadn't done since granddad had passed away. Apparently I had "made" their Christmas and they returned year after year. This year she had feared that I wouldn't stop at their table because the boy is now a young man...but I did stop...and delighted and fills them with wonder again(the young man especially).
For this boy maybe in 70 years time he will recount the memory of a magician with wonder.
To touch people's lives is better than fame.

Kim

Very true Kim, and magicians (in my books, sorry no pun intended) are in a league of their own!!! I have nothing against actors, and I have enjoyed being entertained many a great Hollywood star/starlet in all manner of genres, but none have ever left me with the same sense of "awe" that comes with watching a performer whose acts have been a mystery that my mind can't explain!!! :shock:
Having said that, really no matter the form, it's all about the magic and the performer (be it actor or author) transforming the lives of their audience for a moment, a chapter, or a lifetime!!! :wink: :D
DD Diva

Postby ganymede » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:25 am

Everyone has their celebrity crushes...or is that just me!? ;) :lol: But I certainly don't envy them. Or when I think I do, I am steadily reminded of all the reasons it would be frustrating, like wanting to simply go buy a cuppa or have something naughty ONCE and have the papz turning it into "Too many cups of tea!? And a Kit Kat to boot!? Has Shelley lost the plot!?" :lol:
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby Blitz » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:18 pm

No wonder most of them are rake thin...put on a few pounds and it makes the cover of every tabloid in town! :shock:

David Bowie once said that fame is like riding in the back seat of an out of control limo. Suddenly it accelerates wildly and you are trapped in the back and can't get out. There comes a point when you just can't keep that lifestyle going.
For Bowie it come to a head in LA in 1976. The cocaine addiction was nearly killing him and a friend confronted him about his life. He then simplified his life by getting rid of the chauffeur/bodyguard, entourage and hangers on. Went to Berlin with just his PA and Iggy Pop who too was trying to get his life together at that time. He got a small apartment above a shop and just did regular things like bike to the local markets to shop etc.
Today he lives in New York quietly going about his life. He says all that star trappings like bodyguards attracts attention and that in New York if you lead a normal life everyone respects that and leaves you alone.
He has come a long way since writing the song "Fame" with John Lennon and Carlos Alomar. Most of the smart money would have been on him being a rock n roll casualty of fame and not a survivor.

Kim
Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!
Blitz

Return to Celebrity Gossip