It is currently Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:57 am

Free Newsletter

Tapatalk App

Got some ideas to make this forum and website better? Tell us about it here.

Moderator: Moderators

Tapatalk App

Postby SamiG » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:47 pm

Hello,

I love using the Tapatalk App on my iphone to keep uptodate with forums i am registered on (http://www.tapatalk.com/)
I was wondering if you may consider adding this forum to it? Its free to add :wink:
SamiG

I want to like myself again!

SamiG

Re: Tapatalk App

Postby brissymum » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:57 pm

Tapatalk is great!!!!

I installed this on a forum I ran a while ago.

Simple to install and would be great for this forum.

Just a thought! :)
brissymum

Postby admin » Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:51 pm

Thanks for the suggestion. Will pass this onto our IT guys and get the discussion happening!!
admin
Site Admin

Postby justme » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:00 pm

Sounds good and might increase traffic noticed that there is a lot more older posts and threads than new ones that r active
Be Happy & Healthy :)

justme

Postby admin » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:47 am

Yes, we had a spate of spammers for a period of time last year and beginning this year and couldn't rectify the problem successfully, which most forums suffer from. The spammers have bought down the site twice and it would have driven many people away as there is nothing more annoying than signing into a forum and there is just junk posted. Finally we have resolved the issue with no automatic email activation, each new registration has to be approved by someone in our team. We receive over 300 registrations each day and you can imagine if we let them through the junk would start flowing again. Anyway problem solved, we have overcome the issue now so it is onwards and upwards.
Yes we are looking into a couple of different apps, just takes awhile to get this up and running.

Cheers

weightloss.com.au
admin
Site Admin

Postby justme » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:32 am

:) I'm new to forums never really been on them before, and was looking at how much I post compared to some others and was concerned I was a bit of a post whore till I talked to my partner and he just said it looked like this site was in a slump but should pick up again when the whether picks up - BTW I love the site awesome info and friendly people :)

justme

Postby admin » Tue Aug 14, 2012 2:19 pm

HI Just Me

WE get around 7000-8000 visitors per day to the actual site so the site is not in a slump, just as I mentioned before the forum has spammer attacks so many have drifted on.

I read all the posts but don't respond....you are not a post whore (lol) :D good sense of humor though. WHat I find is people in the begining are keen and eager for the first month do heaps of posts then they drift in and out. Yes also winter has a lot to do with it. This is a slow period of time as well, things start to kick off in October - but just think you have a head start on them!

Cheers

weightloss.com.au team
admin
Site Admin

Postby justme » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:51 am

:D

justme

Postby Gordz » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:45 pm

I'd love this site on tapatalk. What were the reasons for that not going ahead?
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Start date: 12/8/2013
Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go
Gordz

Postby admin » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:46 am

Hi Gordz,
We are in the process of a slight redesign of the site this year which is a huge project to undertake as we have over 1200 pages. In this new construction brief an app is part of it but we need to make sure that we provide an app that people want as there are many apps out there. So in saying that we do welcome suggestions of what visitors want - please let us know. Someone wrote to us requesting our recipes to be on an app.
The new design of the site will be done first so the app side won't be until beg of next year.
Suggestions all welcome.
Cheers
Sharrelle
admin
Site Admin

Postby Gordz » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:05 am

I wouldn't use another app, tapatalk encompasses all the forums I post on bar this one. I've never been to the website so the redesign isn't really an issue for this thread suggestion. Signing the forum up with tapatalk should be a pretty easy thing to do.
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Start date: 12/8/2013
Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go
Gordz

Return to Suggestion Box