It is currently Sat Oct 29, 2016 12:56 am

Free Newsletter

Some Advice Please Fellas

A place just for guys to talk.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby nonijuice » Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:37 pm

Juddy wrote:Hey mate, nice to have you post!

I don't recommend losing weight in a short period of time, this is bad because it is bad for you, plus you'll probably get flabby skin and possibly stretch marks (like those on your sides now).

Just how do you avoid stretch marks? My sister said that she had these lotions when she was pregnant. Of course I really don't want to use that!
Last edited by EvilWombatQueen on Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Advertising link removed

Re: Some Advice Please Fellas

Postby 2197 » Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:13 am

Your young, I doubt you'll get stretch marks. People get stretch marks when they loose weight without exercise.

Everytime you rip a muscle, the body releases a huge amount of white blood cells that clean up your whole body.

No sugar.
No bread(no yeast).

Start drinking lemon(not lime) & water, it will help you get over the crave for sugar.

Plyometrics(excellent for losing weight):

I do all bodyweight workouts. I've been Injury free for a very long time.

Look into doing push-ups(lots of variations)(triceps/chest/shoulders), chair dips(triceps), chest dips(chest), hip bridge(hamstrings/glutes), squats(quads, calves), chin ups(biceps), pull ups(back), reverse crunches(abdominals/posture muscles).

They will be hard at first, but as you get use to it, your body will get stronger and stronger.

Re: Some Advice Please Fellas

Postby Gordz » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:31 pm

two yearold thread dude, lol
Aussie Male, 26, 194cm.

Start date: 12/8/2013
Highest - 144.8kg

Current - 141.3kg

Goal - 110kg

3.5kg lost

31.3kg to go

Return to The Boys Club