It is currently Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:41 pm

Free Newsletter

help for middle aged desk jockeys

A place just for guys to talk.

Moderator: Moderators

help for middle aged desk jockeys

Postby Chuggmaster » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:45 pm

Hi guys, at that stage where my weight has balooned and waist has spread (Large belly). Used to be active but now doing long hours behind a desk. I am 48 years old, 178 cm and weigh 92 kgs. waist 100cm. I have access to a gym at work, diet is crap, little or no fruit and veges.

Any suggestion for diet and excercise (particularly aiming at belly) would be appreciated.

Cheers

Chugger
Chuggmaster

Re: help for middle aged desk jockeys

Postby court » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:10 am

hey chugger!
you have taken the first step by acknowledging that you need to do something for yourself. I would start by making small changes, drinking more water (i find having a bottle on my desk all the time is great!), having healthier snacks packed and ready to go before work. I seriosuly think the key to WL is being organised!
i would check out www.calorieking.com.au for some ideas... I have been on Jenny Craig and just switched to Lite and Easy for lifestyle reasons more than weightloss reasons but it can be done on your own if you have the time to put into it! (I play in four sporting teams on top of pushing myself at the gym so have very little time to prepare!)
It really is easier than it seems all you need to do it to START :D
Good luck
court

Postby Juan » Sat May 01, 2010 1:50 pm

You can visit my blog for tips on both. Link is down below.
Last edited by Jisgone on Sat May 01, 2010 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: spam removed
Juan

Postby nonijuice » Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:39 pm

Chuggmaster wrote:Hi guys, at that stage where my weight has balooned and waist has spread (Large belly). Used to be active but now doing long hours behind a desk. I am 48 years old, 178 cm and weigh 92 kgs. waist 100cm. I have access to a gym at work, diet is crap, little or no fruit and veges.

Any suggestion for diet and excercise (particularly aiming at belly) would be appreciated.

Cheers

Chugger

I think I have it far worst than you do.
I'm 22, 168cm and close to 100kgs!
Last edited by EvilWombatQueen on Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Advertising link removed
nonijuice

Postby patrickkallie » Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:55 pm

Chuggmaster,

Losing your stomach does require plenty of discipline...Don't worry because their are some things that you can start doing now. Make sure that you eat breakfast every morning. This will jump-start your metabolism and keep you from pigging out by the time lunch rolls around.

It would also probably be a good idea if you pack your lunch and snack to work with you. Eat "something"every 2 1/2 to 3 hour...plus chuggmaster look at all of the money you will be saving. This will take some time to get used to eating this way, especially if you are not used to it. I know the feeling working a desk job because that was how I gained alot of weight.

Just make gradual changes everyday and you will be able to see a difference! Chuggmaster keep us all posted.
Last edited by EvilWombatQueen on Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: It is against forum rules to use your signature to advertise a product, service or commercial website.
patrickkallie

Return to The Boys Club