It is currently Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:11 am

Free Newsletter

My weight loss experience.. so far!

A place just for guys to talk.

Moderator: Moderators

My weight loss experience.. so far!

Postby aDzY8784 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:01 am

hey,

Wasnt to sure where to post, been reading this site for a while, and thought id add my weight loss experience so far, and maybe get some tips..

so this is my story so far: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=25816, as i said iv always had a weight problem, but this year im focused and motivated to change this, and so far iv been successful, from the start of this year, iv only had 1 bourbon ( end of baseball season drinks ), iv been having special K for breakfast, tuna and salad for lunch, and normally tuna or chicken with vegi's or salad for dinner (with subway being my rest day/treat food), just wanted to get an idea of the food habits of some of the forum readers, because i want to change it up a little, lol..

As i said iv been successful so far, from the start of the year i was 144kgs, and right now iv lost 12kgs, my goals is 40kgs in 40 weeks, but my ultimate goal is to be under 100kgs, my personal trainer thinks this is possible, and iv been training hard at the gym 5 days a week ( with a PT session on 1 of them days ), and of course baseball, i want to change it up a little too, so just wanted to get an idea of what other people do for training, currently im doing 10 mins on the step machine, 10 mins on the tredmill ( run for 1 min, walk for 1 ), 10 mins on the cross trainer, and 10 mins on the bike, with the rotation of weights iv been told to do by my personal trainer..

Also have one last question, how do you guys keep motivated, some days i really feel like i couldnt be bothered, i dont want to turn this into a habit, so just wanted to get an idea of what other people do to stay motivated & focused...

It would be good to get some feedback :)

Adam
aDzY8784

Re: My weight loss experience.. so far!

Postby JP1 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:13 pm

Hi Adam, the more exercise you do, the easier it becomes but I've personally found weight loss built around rigid exercise regimes doesn't help me so this time I'm more focussed on just healthy eating.. of course I still get out to take the dog for a walk, when I can motivate myself a bit more I exert myself a little more by having the occassional jog, do some situps / pushups but nothing whereby I'm committing myself.. I'm losing about 1/2 a kilo a week doing this which when you are in it for the long haul mounts up..

But everyone to there own mate and good luck..
Highs : 107 Kg (24 Sept 2007) : 113.5 Kg (12 Jan 2014) : 112.5 Kg (26 Jan 2016)
Current :99.2 Kg (31 May 2016)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014)
Target : 94 Kgs by 15th Jul
JP1

Postby brendan » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:49 am

aDzY8784 wrote:hey,

Also have one last question, how do you guys keep motivated, some days i really feel like i couldnt be bothered, i dont want to turn this into a habit, so just wanted to get an idea of what other people do to stay motivated & focused...

It would be good to get some feedback :)

Adam

Hi Adam

I read something recently that suggested: forget motivation! Motivation suggests that you have to think and reason to do something. Just do it! If you start thinking about it you give yourself the opportunity to talk yourself out of it. Don't think just do it!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w4Q56PK/]
[/url]

End of March - 119kg - 118.7 - made it!

End of April - 115kg
End of May - 111kg
End of June - 107kg
End of July - 103kg
End of August - 99kg
End of September - 95kg
End of October - 91kg
End of year - 81kg TARGET WEIGHT - Optimistic
brendan

Postby fatsucks » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:34 am

Nice one dude,

The key is to just get straight back on your bike if you fall off, and to allow yourself a treat every now and then. I'll still have 5 or 6 drinks in a night, I just won't do it very often. The key is to eat well 90% of the time and get some good exercise. I started on the 17th of jan, and as of this morning it's been 10 weeks and I've lost 18.3kg. Starting weight of 157.6, and I'm currently 139.3.

I started a blog when I hit rock bottom, and have updated it each week. Check it out if you're interested: http://lifecangetyoudown.blogspot.com/

Motivation helps me a lot. I'm doing it with 2 mates. our initial goal was to lose 15% bodyweight by June 30. The first person who reaches the goal receives $500 each from the other 2. The 2nd person who reaches the goal also receives $500 each from the other 2. And likewise if the third person reaches the goal in time, they receive $500 each from the other 2. So if we all reach our goal, which is the desired outcome, we all break even. But if you don't meet the goal and the other 2 do, you're up for $1000. Good motivation ;) Ive also got a wedding in August so that helps. Find something you want and don't let go of it.

As for diet, I can happily eat the same thing day in, day out. Breakfast is 2 slices multigrain toast with vegemite. Lunch = Double cut wholegrain roll with light cream cheese, turkey, red onion, roasted capsicum, baby spinach, salt and pepper and mustard. Dinner is 2 chicken thighs marinated in various sauces (~200g), 4 carrots and 1 bunch f broccolini boiled, with tomato and bbq sauce. Add to that a few cups of green tea, and that's all I have. If I have to go out for tea, I try and pick something that doesn't look so bad, but I don't deprive myself. I don't have a beer for the hell of it, but I don't deprive myself from going to the pub on a friday after work. You have to still do these things, but as long as you're not doing it all the time, and the next morning you get back on the healthy eating, you're going to get to your goal.

I still have a crapload of weight to lose, my goal is 80kg from 157.6, but as long as I can just keep on keeping on, even if I slip every now and then, I know I'm going to make it.

Also when people start making comments about how well you're doing, it does wonders for motivation.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wTzJmNI/]
[/url]
fatsucks

Postby Mitch » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:40 am

I think there are alot of things to help keep you going and motivated.. I purchased a product called 'freak 3d' i take it before training .. It gives me so much energy that i have to work out or i would go crazy...

I also take a product called 2012 it is the most amazing thing i have tried. It is just an organic pro biotic.. BUT .. alot of the things that cause cravings and the old 'sweet tooth' and ailments in the body such as candita. I got my 2012 from [link removed by moderator] .. After taking it for just 4 weeks i really don't enjoy lollies and sweet any more and would rather have a few rice crackers than packet of chips. Just yesterday i bought my kids a packet of lolly snakes i had only one and couldn't stand the sweetness.

We need to look at what can assist us with weight loss . cause i know, i was 160kg's at 13 that it isn't easy. i would simply say take all the advantages you can out there and keep up the good work. the new ads on tele are great also .. get outside whatever you if it's outside you'll be being more active

Mitch
Last edited by EvilWombatQueen on Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Link removed. Please refer to forum rules.
Mitch

Postby Patientperson » Sun May 15, 2011 1:44 am

brendan wrote:
aDzY8784 wrote:
Hi Adam

I read something recently that suggested: forget motivation! Motivation suggests that you have to think and reason to do something. Just do it! If you start thinking about it you give yourself the opportunity to talk yourself out of it. Don't think just do it!

Thank you! I found this so inspiring! (if not motivational :P )
Don't give up!
Patientperson

Postby zamiley » Mon Oct 03, 2011 1:33 am

Having a preworkout supplement such as beast mode or mesomorph leaves me no option but to workout. So thats kind of a motivation for me. But TBH, you dont need motivation, you just need to enjoy your work out, its not a chore, thats how you must think of it. I don;t do much cardio, it totally puts me off, but when I do do cardio I get in there and go hard. Try heavy weightliftin, its quick progress as in you will lift heavier every few weeks and you will enjoy the workouts.
zamiley

Return to The Boys Club