It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:44 am

Free Newsletter

Gym intimidation

A place just for guys to talk.

Moderator: Moderators

Gym intimidation

Postby Xcastle » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:23 pm

Hi all,
For a while i've been excited about getting a gym membership and get in there and work out and get rid of the bloody weight, but the past couple of days i've peaked through the windows of the uni gym and all i saw was muscular, attractive men lifting huge weights and extreme exercises, which has really put me off the idea of joining because i'd look like an idiot

Has anyone else ever felt like this? how did you guys overcome this feeling??
IF IT WERE NOT POSSIBLE, THE MIND WOULD NOT HAVE IMAGINED IT!!!

C.W. 118.5kg
G.W.90.0kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wwwf23Y/]
[/url]
Xcastle

Re: Gym intimidation

Postby yogibbear » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:20 am

Hah! That's exactly how i feel about gyms!

I just own a set of dumbbells and do all the exercises in my own home. There's only a handful of things you can't do then and most of them aren't worth it unless you are really into bodybuilding and not just building up decent muscles all over.
yogibbear

Postby Metalcharm » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:40 am

I'm gonig to say you'll feel more of an idiot standing at the windows looking in than at least getting in there and TRYING to do something about it.
THose musclar bodies probably have a brain that's ripe for the picking about exercising and good health .. use it to your advantage and soon YOU"LL be one of those muscular attractive bodies in teh gym. :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w9ttOuh/]
Metalcharm

Postby Josh » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:37 pm

I can relate to you Xcastle, it's hard to get into it when you're right next to someone powering away next to you while you're struggling to do something else, sweating all over the place. You just have to stick with it though. Whenever I'm at the gym, I feel people are watching me and judging me and I try to use that as motivation - to prove them wrong as if they're thinking that I can't go for another minute, or that I can't go faster, lift that last rep. It's hard but worth it in the long run and people will notice the effort you put in and the changes that you make to your body.

Can't wait for my new gym to open, bring on September!
I have never seen a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A little bird will fall dead, frozen from a bough, without ever having felt sorry for itself.
Josh

Postby IamCraig » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:58 pm

Lol yeah I know what you mean.

Going with friends won't be as intimidating.
IamCraig

Postby JSW01 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:41 pm

When I first started going to the gym it was pretty much the same thing for me, but you need to think that they got those bodies by eating healthy and excercising smartly. The majority of them will be more then happy to help you out or offer tips on how to use machines correctly for beginners.
JSW01

Return to The Boys Club