It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:48 am

Free Newsletter

3 months to Nepal Challenge

Join in on our latest 12 week weight loss challenge here.

Moderator: Moderators

3 months to Nepal Challenge

Postby moeharley » Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:26 pm

Hi, I've started a challenge for myself to lose about 30kg or 61 lbs I think by 28 February 2008.

FYI, should anyone be interested in joining and providing inspiration.

Thk you for your support

Regards - moeharley
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wXnOvYQ/]
[/url]
moeharley

Postby chubbywife79 » Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:08 pm

Count me in, I think this be a great challenge!
chubbywife79

3 mths to Nepal Challenge- thx

Postby moeharley » Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:56 am

Hi there
Thank you for joining this challenge. It is definitely a challenge as I have not been very successful in the past (I have done all the diets you can imagine) - I've put it down to poor self-discpline for my failures but still am happy with who I am.

Anyway, I will keep you posted on my progress and will look forward to yours as well; especially during the festive season it is difficult to look past the chocolates.

I kicked started my challenge yesterday with a 5km slow, slow walk and semi-healthy food (its a good start anyway).

I'm planning week by week so this week, my aim is to do at least 30 minute walk, must perspire (sign body is working out). I also need to inlcude at least 3 days of walking up some stairs - I have no choice I need this for Nepal.

If I can't do walking for any reason, then 30 minutes of stretching at least. I've heard that it takes 21 days to get used to a routine without breaking it, so will try and get the exercise routine in.

I'm going to weigh myself each week so if I'm not making any progress, I can change my plans to suit.

I've also noticed that you've lost 1.7kg, that is a great achievement, I have never done that before. If you have any tips on what you do would be handy for me.

Thank you once again, I really appreciate your companionship - all of a sudden its become fun for me to do this challenge. Good luck for this week and look forward to hearing of your success. Hope this is a good start to a healthier lifestyle.

Kind regards - moeharley
:D :D :D
[/url]
moeharley

Postby chubbywife79 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:41 pm

Hey there, I'm doing weight watchers and I did the first 3 week menu what you get with the books. I did fine the first 1 week but the last 2 weeks I went off the rails. I have got back on track since Saturday. I won't be weighing in this week cause I got an appointment. But I weigh the following week.

I'm trying to at least walk my dog for 30 minutes 3x a week. But right now I can't exercise because I sprained my ankle. So I just doing housework. I'm also trying to eat healthy but unfortunetly we ran out on fruit :oops: . I got to weight to Thursday to go grocery shopping.
chubbywife79

Postby GoddessInside » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:31 pm

Count me in !! Excellent start to your exercising ! Im aiming to hit the 2km this week :D

Sounds like you got things sorted out. If you need anything at all. Just holla :)
SW: 233.2kgs - Nov 2012
SW148.0kgs - 14 Oct 2014
CW 141.2kgs
GW 132kg
GoddessInside

Postby Misstoodles » Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:26 am

Hi there! Next year I want to do the Bibbulmun track, all 1000kms of it, so I need to be, not necessarily thinner than I am now, but fitter. I feel fit enough to do it now, but obviously the fitter I am for it the better.

My goal is to lose another 15kg by the time I go on this walk because I'll probably lose another 10-15kg during the walk which takes about 45 days.

Instead of 'by the time I go for the hike' it'll now be 'by the 28th of February' :D Good luck! The challenge is on :P

My goals for this week:

Walk 25kms at a reasonable pace, record how long it takes you to do this, and where you start tiring out.

Limit processed foods and cooked foods other than lean red meat, chicken breast and egg.

Make sure your diet is primarily protein, complex carbohydrates, fibre, vitamins and is low in fats.

Fill 2litre container of water and drink the entire thing by the end of the day.

Go for walks every day, and walk at least 2kms on the tredmill.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFyKFbn/]
[/url]
Misstoodles

3mths to Nepal challenge - its now or never

Postby moeharley » Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:02 pm

Thank you for you reply. You know I've done weight watchers for years & have not gone beyond week 4. it is a good program and I'll help you along cause you have done marvellously well in week one. You obviously have the will power just need the persistence to keep going. I keep weight watchers frozen meals handy for those times when cooking/preparing is not possible, however I noticed you have a young baby so would be more difficult as I assume you would be limited to what foods you can have.

Nevertheless, there's always another option. Try and find what other foods you can stock up on for emergencies to keep you healthily full without indulging in things that will take you backwards. But it has to be foods that you like. Don't worry, we are all in the same boat and together we can work at it. Looking forward to your progress.

Thank you also to Misstoodles and Goddessinside, the other responses I've received. This is overwhelming - its funny, you think you're alone and then find out there are tons of people with same interests and goals.

Yes I will definitely lose more weight whilst on the trip as it is an average of about 4-5 hours walking per day for 11 days and it is going uphill as well. Its my first trekking adventure so went for the easiest one....my biggest fear.....holding everyone up!!! hahahaha, anyway, I love conquering some of my fears so will see how I go. Thank you for the tips on getting fit, will try all that out myself this week. Will keep you all posted.

Thanks again to you all for your great support, I will eagerly wait to hear of your progress and even if you're having a hard time getting through with it and hope I can motivate you all at the same time too.

Have a lovely day!
Moe Harley :P :P
[/url]
moeharley

12 Week Challenge

Postby 123-appletree70 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:56 pm

HI,
Yes im going to give this a go.
Libby
123-appletree70

Postby Fiona25 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:49 am

Can I still join? I'd like to be 58kgs or under by February :)
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!
Fiona25

Return to 12 Week Challenges Dec 07 to February 2008