It is currently Sat Oct 29, 2016 8:40 am

Free Newsletter

Anything and everything concerning food and nutrition.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby superstephanie » Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:56 pm

hey guys, i'm really not sure if i'm eating enough, i'm currently 163lbs and my height is 5'8, this is what i usually eat in a day.

breakfast: multi grain cheerios with 1% milk and i cut banana pieces on top cuz i love bananas :) and then i usually have a low fat yogurt only if i'm still hungry though haha

lunch: whole grain panini sandwhich with thin turkey coldcuts, a unsweetended apple juice box and a yogurt or a fruit.

dinner: if were having whole wheat pasta i usually only eat a small portion, about a cup or a little more with a bit of sauce, then for dessert i have fruit, if we eat something else i always have a small portion only because my stomach shrunk since i've been watching my weight.

and i never eat any snacks cuz im almost never hungry inbetween meals..

does this look like an okay eating plan for me?

i do lots of exercise though, i play a lot of sports and skip rope whenever im bored lol.

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:52 am

you meals look fine to me stephanie, i am trying to cut snacks out at the moment myself! but you could always have some crackers with a topping like tomato based salsa or something if you get hungry. or a handful of nuts

Postby rivenriver » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:43 pm

You could try calorie counting if you're worried - eat about 1200 calories a day (I think - more if you're bigger). There are a few websites around that do it for you too. :)

Postby yummymummy » Thu Oct 18, 2007 2:27 pm

lookks good to me, maybe add some more fruit and vege to your diet(aim for 5 serves a day) & do you get enough calcuim?

Postby superstephanie » Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:51 am

im not a huge milk drinker, i say i get about a glass a day, im a yogurt and cheese freak though

Postby lng86 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:56 am

Include vegies!!!

Maybe ate some spinach leaves and tomato to your sandwich?
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)

Return to Diet Talk