It is currently Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:50 pm

Free Newsletter

kate morgan diet

Anything and everything concerning food and nutrition.

Moderator: Moderators

tips

Postby watty1 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 3:26 pm

Hello again

Could some of you ladies that have been on the KM diet for a while give 'us' newbies some tips on good snacks etc... what uv found useful along the way

I love my carbs and thats what im gona miss the most and my cheese!!!

thanks in advance :lol: :lol:

p.s. even though ive only had four shakes so far - i love the coffee and chocolate :P :P :P
WATTY1
watty1

Postby maz » Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:11 pm

Hi And welcome!!!
Don't worry the first 3 days for me were pretty bad. Drinking alot (i mean lots) of water helps the headaches and after you have got over the suger addiction you feel great. My hunger stopped after 3 days. I was the biggest carbs addict ever known to man but now 3 weeks and 2 days in i feel totally in control over carbs. The cravings have gone, its amazing. Veges and fruit still have carbs but its those flour and yummy starchy ones that are the trap for me. I find on the diet that i feel like some cheese in my salads sometimes. So i have a little. Also my protein serve at night is bigger that recommened but it doesn't seem to have been a huge problem. The other day i really craved a full fat yoghurt so I had one. Then was happy. So different to craving a family block of chocolate and having one!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w5wXtFn/]
[/url]
maz

Postby Sassygirl » Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:11 pm

I swear by the chocolate mousse - frozen! It is like you are eating chocolate icecream and as it melts it is soooooo georgous.

One of my favourite meals to make is San Bow Chow (sp) the one in the lettuce cups. I use my allocated protien (120 of mince) cook it with some garlic and onion, add in a hugmongous amount of allowed vegies (cut small), add soya sauce and teriaki sauce and let it cook nicely until vegies are soft - then serve in the lettuce leaves - mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm my children love this one.

Other then that - I basically stick to my shakes only - so I too, even though I have been on it for 7 weeks, would also like to know what you guys are eating too.

Ohh and jelly - you can have as much jelly as you want!

So come on KM'ers - hit us with your fabulous recipes!
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby maz » Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:17 pm

I love san chow bow too. Also stir fry no rice obviously.
Carrots and tzatziki dip is good.
Mangoes (if ya like them) are awesome and feel naughty to eat.
I am a pepsi max addict so i have alot of that.
For takeway my favourite is Han's (in perth) and i get thai chicken salad or a nice coconut cream free soup (vegetarian)
I also make a vege soup that fills me up heaps - zucchini, tomatoes, basil, garlic, carrots, mushrooms, etc etc just all boiled together.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w5wXtFn/]
[/url]
maz

Dips

Postby watty1 » Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:40 pm

thanks ladies for all the great tips so far - DEF keep them coming.

A few questions, iv just got myself into the 'skinny' tzatizki dip, can i have this then on the diet and how much wud you recommend?

Also, Im mad for baby tomatoes - how many can i have to one large tomato?

MANY thanks in advance and much better for me typing on here than shuffling around the fridge and pantry :roll: :twisted: :evil:

sorry its all a learning curve to me as so much used to Weight Watchers in the past :lol:
WATTY1
watty1

Mango!

Postby Susie » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:02 pm

Hey!
Have you tasted the new Tropical flavor?
It is very strongly mango!
I think you will love it!
Susie :P
Susie

Postby electrongirl » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:04 pm

hey how dodgy is this.

I typed Kate Morgan into google and the first result was for Tony Ferguson!!!

DODGY!!!!!!!!!! and sneaky!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby matchbox » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:06 pm

haha i just had to try it nikki :P yeah the sponsored link at the VERY top was tony ferguson!! bet they paid to have it put on that page haha :P
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby Sassygirl » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:46 pm

Apparently the guy behind Kate Morgan used to work with the actual Tony Ferguson!

Sassygirl

Postby Ruby » Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:57 am

Hi guys,

Well if you like mango, you are going to love the new tropical shake. The new flavours just came out this week, well at least they did at my chemist. I also tried the butterscotch one. That's really yummy too. I haven't tried to mocha one yet. Might have that for lunch today.

See ya

Ruby
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wDxomDh/]
Ruby

MOCHA

Postby watty1 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:03 pm

Hey Ruby

can you let me know how the MOCHA one tastes like as its not available yet in my area and im loving the capuchino one :lol:

Also, the lady in the chemist told me a couple of things to try for something different.

1. Putting your morning tea - banana- - in your chocolate shake for either lunch OR put some mango/nectarine in the VANILLA shake

2. FREEZE your chocolate shake and have at night, she said some ladies have 2 eggs for their brekkie, veggies for lunch and then this frozen shake at night.

Watty1
WATTY1
watty1

Postby Ruby » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:54 pm

Well that is very interesting, eggs for breakfast. veggies for lunch, shake for tea. I sould see that working.

But you couldn't have eggs everyday. The plan says no more than 2 eggs every other day.

And what would you have the eggs with?

My chemist lady said she has one girl who made a vegetable frittata/quicke things for breakfast. This is the recipe she gave me:

(makes 24)

5 eggs
1/2 cup water
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 green capsicum finely diced
1/4 red capsicum finely diced (or you could replace with your favourite vegetable)

Preheat oven to 180 degrees or 160 for fan forced
grease two 12 hole patty tins with oil spray
mix together eggs, water, salt and pepper unitl well combined. Add vegetables and mix well. Pour mix in the patty tins and cook for 10-12 min or until egg is set

Haven't tried it yet but I guess you could freeze them or at least have something on hand for a snack. You would only have to watch the amount of egg you were eating. I guess if it made 24, that would be 5 per one egg. So you should be able to eat 5 per day and that would use up your snack allowance and you couldn't then have eggs for your main meal.

Let me know what they are like if anyone tries it

Ruby
Ruby

Postby Ruby » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:02 pm

Just trying the Mocha one now.

Hmmmm......Hard too say. It's very similar to the chocolate, just a bit less chocolatey. I can hardly notice the coffee flavour in it.

I'm not sure. Still very nice, but not much different to the chocolate one.

Still, variety is the spice of life huh?

Ruby
Ruby

mocha

Postby watty1 » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:39 pm

thnaks for that ruby -

ur right I couldnt have eggs every day, i have been boiling one and then having it just before my lunch, but like I said wont do it everyday.

il wait for the MOCHA to come out and let you know.

thanks for recipe :lol:
WATTY1
watty1

Postby Sassygirl » Fri Nov 09, 2007 5:18 pm

I tried to freeze the chocolate one - it didn't taste that nice. Just had a chocolate mousse - hmmmm really hit the spot!

Going to have san bow chow tonight - just feel like lettuce.

Not going to weigh in tomorrow as it has been a hellish week foodwise (by the way did I tell you guys that I had black forrest cake and cream, 4 x grainy bread with cheese and djonaise yesterday??) So am just going to buy my sachets and then concentrate on a better week!

Sassygirl

PreviousNext

Return to Diet Talk