It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:41 am

Free Newsletter

kate morgan diet

Anything and everything concerning food and nutrition.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: kate morgan diet

Postby willty » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:09 pm

Hi everyone. Weigh in 2moro. looking forward to it. Altho i did go out to maccas (thru the drive thru) with my sister for lunch today. Got one of those chicken tandorri things. Said it was low fat. Sometimes having a shake isnt all that social. And i get sick of the questions and talk about starvation. Im skipping tea and having myshake and some fruit.
Any hoo i walked/ jogged another 6.5 kms this morning. Was sooo proud of myself. couldnt even run 300 meters before i joined gym so atleast i know its paid off in some way.
Other than that i have been quite good on the diet. I must admit i really like the shakes. Altho i havent entirely benn an angel. Kate Morgan would probably choke but i have made really sensible snack choices. No chips. Have a carrot stick. No bread no spuds, no rice or pasta. only had a few drinks last saturday night. not a drop all week. And i love wine. oh and cheese. yummy chees, but have managed to stay away.
So i will let you know how i go.
Fingers crossed.
willty

Postby Diminishing » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:16 am

Hopefully you'll go well!

I think that it sounds like a lot of yoru choices are heaps better.........I know that pre-diet I could quite cheerfully eat a massive bag of chippies as a snakc. Now if I "break out" I have a bread roll with no butter, LOL! So in terms of making you think about your choices, it is good!

I weighed in yesterday at my chemist and lost 1.1kg, so happy about that. I have broken up from personal training for a month, so I will weigh in with the chemist weekly to keep on track.......then hopefully when I go back to personal training, I will have shifted a good few kg.......
Lucy xx

Diminishing

Postby willty » Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:35 pm

Good news all round. 2.3 kilos which took me down to an even 84 kilos. I was pretty happy with that and the chemist girl seemed pleased.
I feel better in myself too. Went to play group this morning where there are always scones and biscuits. Managed a few pizza shapes and dip. But then cut up my bananna and mandarin and was happy with that.
Doing a really healthy tea tonight. Grilled chicken breast with salad. And i am hungry!!!
Till next time bye
willty

Postby Diminishing » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:49 pm

2.3kg! WELL DONE! That is brilliant!
Lucy xx

Diminishing

Postby eurostar » Mon Sep 22, 2008 5:24 pm

Hi Guys,
well just finished my second week and surprisingly I lost 0.8 kilos which I am very happy about! I found it a lot harder this week - mainly because I found myself surrounded by temptation! Though proudly i did resist MOST of the time...I had a home-made pizza on lebanese bread yesterday for lunch, I piled it high with veggies and went low on the cheese but still felt really guilty afterwards for eating bread! I also found a really great snack! KM allows us to have one tin of tuna in spring water a day and I love tuna. Though I was finding it hard to eat it because it can sometimes be a little plain without the yummy flavours you can buy. So I put my springwater tuna on two ryvita crackers (multi-grain) and then chopped up some corriander and garlic shoots and put it on top with some cracked pepper. It was really tasty and very fresh! I would really recommend it as it keeps you really full for a while - its great for when you get home from work/uni!
So I tried to do some more exercise this week - mainly walking which I really enjoy, I've also been using my wii fit a bit more which is pretty handy.
Fingers crossed for another good week!
- Eurostar
SW: 69.5
CR: 66.5
GW: 60
eurostar

Postby willty » Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:54 pm

HI. Its wednesay and im feeling really guilty. If you are sticking to this diet to the T, i am guilty of cheating. I had some of those rice cracker things for afternoon smoko and just went to the in laws for tea where they were nice enough to do silverside and a huge garden salad. But then i had a huge bowl of fruit salad and a little bit of cream. Oh and a glass of wine. and who knows what was in the coleslaw dressing!!!
Gosh i will have to be good tomorrow. I am off to the gym with my trainer so that will help.
Compared to a normal week am iam doing wonderfully but just really want to see some results when i weigh in on friday. Even just a little.
Fingers crossed.
willty

Postby willty » Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:17 pm

HI i went down to the chemist and was really expecting noy much at all. Would have been happy with 500gm. So i held my breath and jumped on and Woo hoo, another 1.8 kilos. Could not believe my eyes.
This has got me excited about another week and bring on summer. I cant wait.
willty

Postby Diminishing » Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:47 pm

WELL DONE! It is such a great feeling to come away with a loss like that! Good on you!
Lucy xx

Diminishing

Postby edward1211 » Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:35 am

Hi friend recently I am trying to eat small meals more frequently as opposed to the big 3 (breakfast, lunch, dinner). And whenever possible I take a small meal every 3 hours. Think this way my body will burns more calories since it is constantly digesting something in your stomach and will raise my metabolism. So here is my question that if I increase my metabolism then is there a chance that I shall increase my current body weight?
Last edited by Butterfly_Dawn on Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: link in signature removed
edward1211

Postby zel » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:21 pm

edward1211 wrote: So here is my question that if I increase my metabolism then is there a chance that I shall increase my current body weight?

Increasing your metabolism is good for weight loss. A higher metabolism will mean that you burn more energy whilst your body is at rest. So it is a good thing. Good luck.

Zel
zel

Postby Janeyc1983 » Wed May 06, 2009 2:26 pm

Hey guys

after hearing such great things about the Kate Morgan diet on here, I have taken the plunge and ordered myself a 2 week supply.

I am at the stage where I have about 6-7 kilos to lose to reach my goal weight of 65kgs, I go to the gym 4-5 times per week so I think my body doesn't believe I have any weight to lose! I am down to a reasonably healthy 72kgs (which for my height of 177 puts me in the healthy range) but I want to see noticeable results in my clothes, which I have not seen yet.

I eat reasonably healthy, but I think I really just need quick results to motivate me, and then once at the maintenance stage think I will be fine.

I am determined to be my pre uni weight of 64 ish kgs and a size 8/10 instead of what I am now which is around 72kg, and a size 12.

Anyway would be really grateful if anyone has any tips about the best way to success with meal replacement shakes and what I can expect with doing this.

thanks!!
Highest weight: 76kg
SW: 75 kg (September 2008)
CW: 69kg (26 May 2009)
GW: 64kg <_---------------------------- **
YAY - in the 60's!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wKecLuP/]
[/url]
Janeyc1983

Postby josiejo » Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:29 pm

Hi!

Ok, so started KM program on Thurs...it's now saturday. Everything is gd, except I find myself thinking of food 24/7!!! Is this normal when just starting out?????
This is my diet for next 12 weeks:
Breakfast - Shake and tea (no sugar and skim milk)
Snack - KM snack bar
Lunch - Shake
Snack - Fruit and the celery soup if recipe bk if real hungry
Dinner - Small palm size portion protein (chicken or steak once a wk)
Later if hungry - weight watchers diet jelly

This good? and in late evening i feel slightly light headed/shaky...is this normal for first few days and would couple of cups of air popped popcorn be ok? (I think light headed/shaky feeling might be cause I NEVER go without carbs all evening and all afternoon.
Also, tried having subway sweet onion chicken salad as my main meal yesterday (then a shake for dinner instead). Was delicious but is it good for this diet?

josiejo

Previous

Return to Diet Talk