It is currently Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:38 am

Free Newsletter

kate morgan diet

Anything and everything concerning food and nutrition.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby oostevens » Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:15 pm

hey guys/gals,

the hubby and i are looking at taking on the kate morgan diet.

We have already cut out lollies, chocolate, take away foods, soft drink, chips. So i am hoping that if we do start it, that it won't be a bad beginning :p as we have cut our previous addictions.

Also, can you have any alcohol on it?

I am lactose intolerant....do u have milk with the shakes or is it water? does the shaker mix it properly? and do they taste nice?

Also, how much iron is involved, cos i have low iron.

Last question, is it hard to come off of. I know that tony ferguson u have to be careful when u come off it, cos u can gain alot if u dont pace yourself (due to low carbs). So yeah, how hard is it to come off?
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby oostevens » Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:33 pm

also, are there any negative side effects
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

oostevens

Postby Ruby » Sat Nov 10, 2007 5:44 pm

Hi and welcome

To answer your questions:
Alcohol - The diet says you try to avoid alcohol, but the problem with alcohol would be the carbs. Technically with the diet the answer would be no, but if you drank low card alcohol like red wine or Pure Blonde beer you might be able to get away with a glas now and again.

You make the shake with water, but I don't know if they contain any lactose, they do contain milk solids and fructose, so they may not be suitable for you.

They recommend you take a multivitamin with the diet. The shakes are fortified with iron and folate and lots of other vitamins.

I don;t know wnything about coming off the diet, but I do know that Kate Morgan are in the process of creating a maintanance diet that isnt available yet

Side effects? They say you can get bad breath but no-one on this site has said they have had that, and headaches for the first couple of days.

Does that answer your questions?

Ruby
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wDxomDh/]
Ruby

Postby Ruby » Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:03 pm

...and the shaker mixes it fine and they do taste yummy. The coffe one tastes like a Farmers Union iced coffee to me. And they have chocolate, mocha, strawberry, tropical, butterscotch, vanilla and banana. They are all nice, except I'm not mad about the vanilla - it's ok but I'd rather have one of the others.
Ruby

Postby Sassygirl » Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:51 pm

I mix and shake mine in a water bottle - hardly ever use the shaker.

I have gone off track at the moment - definately TTOM coming and I have been craving carbs like crazy.

Oh well tomorrow is another day.

About 7 weeks to christmas so average around 1 - 1.5 a week and I will be in the low 60's!!!!!
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby oostevens » Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:16 pm

can u just buy the shake sachets, do i need to become a member and get the starter kit? or are there any other meal replacement shakes i can have that do the same thing. we cant afford to get two starter kits and all those sachets......
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

oostevens

Postby Sassygirl » Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:29 pm

You have to actually sign up at a chemist or on line and I think that you have to purchase the starter kit (I had most of it from my TF days). You don't even have to weigh in - you can just go and get your shakes. I think it is about 15 to join and because I didn't purchase a kit - I cannot tell you how much it is.
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby help6363 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:16 am

Well done for everyone to sticking to the shake diet....that's great! :D

Just out of curiousity......... what do theshakes taste like?
help6363

Postby Ruby » Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:07 am

The starter kit isn't really that much of a kit. It essentially costs $25 to join and that includes $15 membership (you get a card that allows you to buy the sachets) $10 for 3 booklets to give you all the info about the diet, $4.95 for the shaker and the $3.25 per sachet. Nothing is cheaper if you buy 'the kit', and you don't have to buy the shaker if you don't want to, but you do have to buy the booklets and membership card if you want to be able to buy the sachets.

I can't see why you couldn't just join one of you and then buy the extra sachets for the other person with the one membership card.

You can buy them online, but you have to pay an extra $10 delivery charge with each order.

Good luck

Ruby
Ruby

Postby Ruby » Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:21 am

...and if you make the shakes with really cold water they are nicer.

My chemist lady says some people freeze them and eat them as ice cream but I've never tried that.

Ruby
Ruby

hi

Postby watty1 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:25 am

hey ladies

This is my 5th day and my first day of not waking up and wanting carbs, feels great and i feel my waistline is not so bloated and yucky.

My hubbie came home with this enormous PIZZA last night :twisted: and I didnt even flinch - very proud of myself :lol:

Took your advice sassygirl and froze my chocolate mousse - oh it was yummy, had some sugar free jelly and felt like my SUGAR CRAVE had been fixed for the evening instead of the usual crap I wud hav had.

Ruby Ive been having my shakes with cold water and they do taste sooooo much better.

Good luck ladies.................. :lol: :lol:
WATTY1
watty1

kate morgan

Postby teresa » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:54 am

helllo im on the km and have lost 3kgs in my first week. i do love it i cant believe i have no cravings for carbs etc.... i think the only thing that saves me is my coffee and diet coke. on the tf there not allowed? this week i had a few dinners out but back on track today im trying to get this weight off. im really sick of being overweight i want to live a long and health life. ive got a goal to lose 40kgs. im in a wedding in march ill be happy with half gone. this time i can do it i found smthn thats working so far. ive never sticked to a diet this long.
REMEMBER TO ALWAYS ENJOY EVERYDAY AND GET OUT OF LIFE ALL U CAN. MY MOTTO I STAND BY IS "WHY MAKE SOMEONE A PIROTY IF UR THEIR OPTION"
teresa

Postby oostevens » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:22 am

if we were to do it we would have to order online as there are no places near us.

i am thinking of giving it a miss. we can't really afford to pay that much for shakes and a membership thing. Besides if we did it today, we would have nothing to eat for breaky and lunches this week. Cos we would be waiting for the delivery, and no money to buy stuff for those meals cos it woud have gone to pay for the km stuff.

oh well. maybe i will just buy some meal replacement shakes from woolies.
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

oostevens

Postby Ruby » Sun Nov 11, 2007 5:20 pm

It doesn;t really sound like the right diet for you anyway if you are lactose intolerant. I reckon that the shakes may contain lactose as they have milk solids in them. Not that I really know much about lactose intolerance.

Ruby
Ruby

Postby oostevens » Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:58 pm

well we worked out our budget and today hubby and i started the celebrity slim diet.

the shakes lactose wise are not too bad. i think i can handle a certain amount of lactose, and they do not have much at all. (i only get sick when i have heaps)

First shake down (yum) many more to come :)

I am not looking forward to a hungry headachy week but i am ready for it. Just forgot to get some snacks ha ha (good work rach)

We are excited :) but we will not be 100% strict at time with the diet, although we are pretty much 95% doing the diet. Which will still work at that percentage (so they say)

I love water! and am gunna love it even more soon.

But thanks everyone for your answers about kate morgan :)
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

oostevens

PreviousNext

Return to Diet Talk