It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:56 am

Free Newsletter

anyone have alcohol letting you down

Anything and everything concerning food and nutrition.

Moderator: Moderators

anyone have alcohol letting you down

Postby sunshine » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:41 pm

I don't drink alot, not as much as I used to, but I like having a few drinks on the weekends. I had said to myself that I would allow myself 2 drinks each Friday night, but HELLO had more than two drinks last week because I was feeling fine :D

I know if I could cut out alcohol I would lose weight faster, but I need to relax after being good all week. So I need to tell myself twos the limit. Anyone else have this trouble, or just me? Cheers :D
sunshine

Postby SarahC » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:10 pm

Yes, I am prone to the occasional alcoholic binge :oops: I have tried to set myself limits, but I always exceed them! So, now I have only two rules, which are:
1. No hangovers
2. No drinking at home alone

That generally keeps me out of trouble. Plus I don't get to go out that much anymore... I have no friends :cry:

It definitely does slow down weight loss, but then so does an entire tub of icecream or a packet of chocolate biscuits :lol: Just factor it into your calorie allowance.. and enjoy!
SarahC

Postby sunshine » Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:15 pm

Awww Sarah I will be your friend, and we can go out drinking :D

I think I just need to have DISCIPLINE and say, two drinks the limit, on a Friday night while I watch the Biggest Loser. Surely I can disciplline myself, I am strong and WANT THIS WEIGHT LOSS, so thats what I will do. Post this in the challenge section and stick to it, and then wake up Saturday morning feeling fantastic. Cheers Sarah!
sunshine

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:14 pm

Oh, I am SO on your team here. I'm convinced the two things that stop me from losing weight are portion control and alcohol. I just like food and grog far too much! The worst thing is that while I'm convinced my weekend tipples stop me from losing weight, the times I've been really good and have cut out all alcohol for a week or so I've actually gained a kilo or two. How unfair is that!?

Right now I'm trying to cut down drinking through exercise. There's nothing quite like the prospect of jogging with a hangover to put you off drinking!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Playboy_bunny » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:29 pm

sarah, we are your friends :) xxxx
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby SarahC » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:30 pm

Excercise (maybe net jogging though) is really good when you have a hangover... you sweat out all the leftover alcohol and toxins!

I always weigh less after drinking, because of the dehydration. So the weight gain when you stop drinking could just be your body rehydrating itself... :)
SarahC

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:37 pm

That would explain it, SarahC. I usually weigh myself in the mornings so I'd still be dehydrated from drinking the night before.

Damn. And here I was thinking alcohol was my secret tool for weight loss!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby loveat116 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:42 pm

Alcohol CAN NOT be stored as fat, so it won't make you gain weight.

Just make sure you don't have suggary mixers and make sure you dont eat fatty foods whilst you drink.

Usually on a night out I:
Have Dinner
Drink a glass of milk (line my stomach)
Drink... (probably 6-8 drinks, straight spirits or mixed with diet drinks)
And dont eat anything until breakfast! Stay away from 24 hour servos!

So yeah, dont get too caught up with alcohol. It wont contribute to weight gain unless you eat with it.
Starting Weight: 62kg Current Weight: 55.0kg Goal Weight: 54kg

Goal Reached 22 February 2008, Must get down to 54kg again!
loveat116

Postby loveat116 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 4:43 pm

Oh and i always weigh like a kg less after a night of drinking, cause i pee so much and am dehyrdrated.

So drink lots of water!
Starting Weight: 62kg Current Weight: 55.0kg Goal Weight: 54kg

Goal Reached 22 February 2008, Must get down to 54kg again!
loveat116

Postby Jordan » Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:28 pm

OMG Yes, this is my problem too! I never realised how much I drank until my dietitian got me to write down everything I eat and 4-6 glasses of wine would slip in a week - work lunches, the Qantas Club and incidental drinking over the weekend are my weaknesses. My weekly quota is meant to be a max of 2.

I tried to give up drinking 2 weeks ago & I made it all of 4 days before I was obligated to have a drink at a client lunch. So instead I have cut out all drinking at home and now only have 1 glass if I go for dinner, and no alcohol for work lunches.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wjK6k6m/]
[/url]
Jordan

Postby Misstoodles » Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:46 pm

Nah its not just you:P lol. I'm 17 so all my friends and I do on the weekends is drink and play pool/cards. I either don't eat at all that day because 5-6 UDLS is all my calories for the day, which is really unhealthy and I don't recommend it at all, lol, or I buy a bottle of vodka, some diet Soda water if you can find it, or any of the diet softdrinks which have about 2-4 calories per 250ml, and I mix a shot of the vodka with the soda, and add lemon. roughly 95 calories a drink.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFyKFbn/]
[/url]
Misstoodles

Postby sunshine » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:31 pm

Thanks everyone! Good to know I am not the only one with this issue, I would love to give drinking up completely but I have 3 kids under 6 so I Need To Drink :shock: Just kidding, my kids are great little munchkins
sunshine

Postby becs » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:26 pm

hahaha totally lost it on Saturday night with the alcohol - went to work Christmas party with the aim of only having a couple of light beers . . . yeah right! Ended up partying hard til 2am fuelled by beer, champagne and jagerbombs, then had to resort to the greasy fry-up on Sunday to try to recover (oh and did I mention that I had to work on Sunday??) :oops: Oh well, keep telling myself that it was just once, but have another work function tomorrow night . . . .
becs

Postby sunshine » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:30 pm

Ha you sound like me, i just posted in the other forum -weight loss talk about my alcohol weekend and my guilt!
sunshine

Postby Jane85 » Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:38 am

I can sooo relate! My one or two quiet ones on a Friday night after work always lead to quite a few more.

I'm trying to fix that at the moment and also if I really really want a drink, being that its summer, having a vodka, soda water, ice and a big chunk of lemon or lime is really refreshing without any soft drink involved.
Jane85

Next

Return to Diet Talk