It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:01 pm

Free Newsletter

anyone have alcohol letting you down

Anything and everything concerning food and nutrition.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Juddy » Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:55 am

Are there any low-carb girly drinks available for you lot?

Last night I had two six packs of Hahn Superdry low-carb beer - stuck to what I would usually eat (Up&Go Energize, low-GI, high protein drink + a meal supplement protein drink later on) and I actually lost weight overnight.

Some of it would have been from dehydration, although I drank alot of water last night.

Although, I was informed that alcohol can slow down your metabolism because it's trying to break down the alcohol rather than the stored fats? Can someone find confirmation on this?
Juddy

Postby hushpuppy » Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:54 pm

There are a few low carb low alcoholic wines about now .
LINDEMANS Early Harvest wines sit between 8.5-9% alc/vol in contrast to most white wines produced in Australia that sit around 12%-13% and red wines at 13-14% alc/vol. The resulting wines mean you don’t need to find an excuse to partake. They are crisp, light, deliciously refreshing, easy to drink, but still grown up, with the quality and trusted enjoyment one would expects from a LINDEMANS wine.

“Enjoy today, introduce yourself to LINDEMANS Early Harvest”

*At least 30% lighter in alcohol and 30% less in calories compared to 750ml LINDEMANS 2006 Reserve Chardonnay.

There is also Yellow Glen Jewel which is a low cal bubbly . Some RTD have diet mixers
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby Jisgone » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:59 pm

i know a lady who owns a winery and she said they put sugar in to match the ammount of alcohol
so if its 14% alcohol they put in 14% sugar
so any wine lower in alcohol should be lower in cals too :)
but then u can drink twice as much!
Jisgone

Postby grugwashere » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:44 pm

Depends on what you are drinking too, if you drink beer, why not get pure blond? or if you drink spirits mixed with coke, diet coke etc? all your lolly waters are very high in sugar, so are juices... i used to love Vodka and cranberry juice, but then i gave up drinking- not for weightloss, just because i decided it doesnt apeal to me anymore and various other silly reasons lol...

mmm i want cranberry juice now!
SW:91kg
CW:75kg
GW: Somwhere in the 60's for now

Next mini goal:73kg
grugwashere

Postby phatcappy » Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:19 am

speaking as a former borderline alcoholic, learning to control my drinking was the best thing i ever did. drinking is all about moderation. I hardley ever drink now, and when i do its usually at a party or going out with friends which i dont do much now because of work. As long as your not getting pissed everyweek i probably wouldnt worry about it in terms of your weightloss program. If you are going to drink, my suggestion would be to steer away from beer and only drink spirits mixed with zero sugar softdrinks. That way you can get merry and not have to feel quite as guilty.
Start Weight: 109 Kg's

Current Weight: 91.2 Kg's

Mini Goal Weight:90 Kg's

Ultimate Goal Weight: 83 Kg's
phatcappy

Previous

Return to Diet Talk