It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:21 am

Free Newsletter

Anyone else addicted to Diet Coke?

Anything and everything concerning food and nutrition.

Moderator: Moderators

Anyone else addicted to Diet Coke?

Postby Karma » Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:46 pm

I've come to the conclusion that I like my Diet Coke waaaaaaay too much. I prefer it to normal coke and some days I'll spend all day hanging out for one. I know it's not 'bad' for me but I also know that it isn't the most natural concoction on the planet and all those chemicals can't be doing me any benefits. Anyone else harbouring a diet coke addiction?
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wCmINhO/]
[/url]

Postby Fletch » Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:50 pm

Hehehehe... not really. But i do love a Coke Zero. I might have a glass every few days (it seems to fill me up) and thats what i'll drink when at BBQ's etc.
Do you think you could maybe replace one can with a water? Nothing better than water ;)
Fletch ~ breastfeeding my 7mo baby boy ~ loving my 2yo boy!
- on a weight loss journey to be a better me!

~ Height: 165cm ~ SW: 80.1kgs ~ CW: 66.3kgs ~ GW: 60kgs ~ Pre-PG: 64kgs ~

Fletch

Postby Karma » Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:57 pm

Oh, I drink about 2-3L of water as well (keep a 1.5L bottle by my desk and one in the fridge) so its not like I'm replacing water with diet coke, but its kinda like my 'treat'... that I have every day XD

Mind you, I haven't had a coffee in 3 weeks so I'm very proud of myself in that respect. So much easier to go without in summer... winter will be the hard time.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wCmINhO/]
[/url]

Postby Fletch » Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:02 pm

Ah, thats cool then... good on you for drinking all that water! And yep a diet coke as a treat... its a great one!
My treat is a hot milo :? (made like a coffee though) Shhhhhhhhhhhh
Fletch ~ breastfeeding my 7mo baby boy ~ loving my 2yo boy!
- on a weight loss journey to be a better me!

~ Height: 165cm ~ SW: 80.1kgs ~ CW: 66.3kgs ~ GW: 60kgs ~ Pre-PG: 64kgs ~

Fletch

Postby electrongirl » Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:06 pm

I used to drink alot of coke zero but have given it up, its been nearly 2 weeks now!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:56 pm

I'm addicted to vodka which I mix with diet coke. Does that count? :lol:
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Fiona25 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:32 pm

I HATE the taste of ALL diet soft drinks! I like the full strength/sugar ones or nothing :oops:

I used to have maybe 4 cans of coke a week, but apart from my NYE and xmas day binge, I haven't touched soft drink of any kind for a good month or more.

Soft drink packs the weight on me, so its a good incentive not to have any.

How much DC do you drink a day?
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!
Fiona25

Postby Juddy » Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:02 pm

Not diet coke, but Pepsi max for me.

Chances are you're not addicted to diet coke but addicted to the caffeine.

Try green tea if you want to switch to a healthier source :)
Juddy

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:07 pm

Pepsi Max is definitely the way to go, and LA Ice Max.. I hardly drink it now because if I have it too late in the day I have trouble sleeping (well, even more trouble sleeping :roll: :roll: ). I do have other sugar free drinks though, I like the Kirks Sugarfree Creaming Soda, Lemonade and Lemon Squash :)
zeedeveelgirl

Postby Juddy » Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:16 pm

Oh yay, another Pepsi Max drinker! :D

I used to have coke, then moved onto Dr Pepper (which I love, but too much sugar), then when I started to lose weight I moved onto diet coke, diet pepsi and then onto Pepsi Max! :D
Juddy

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:55 pm

Pepsi Max is the best :D Coke Zero tastes like Diet Coke with Lemon to me, which I hated.. Diet Coke is bland too.. I'll drink them if there's nothing else on offer, but Pepsi Max has so much more taste!
And so much nicer cold :D
I don't think I've ever had Dr Pepper! You can't get it here anymore I don't think.
zeedeveelgirl

Postby Gal Friday » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:15 am

See diet coke is what coke taste like for me! We never had full strength Coke growing up, only diet (when we had it). So I love it! Diet coke from a can is the best!!! Frosty cold can of diet coke. Mmmm diet coke. It is only 9:14am and too early for one!

And I am not addicted to the caffiene in diet coke. Yes, I use it for a caffiene kick sometimes, but it is honestly the fizzy frostyness that i love the most! YUM!
Gal Friday

Postby jodie259 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:26 am

My name is Jodie.... and I am addicted to diet coke.... :lol:

I've had this addiction for years!
I'm starting to wonder if diet coke is the reason that my son was/is not a good sleeper. Altlhough I didn't breastfeed him... he got enough DC whilst I was pregnant.

With my recent baby, I did drink diet coke in the early part of my pregnancy... but really cut back towards the end. And now I do have a glass or two a day - but not a litre or two like I used to.

I hate water... but I'm really trying to drink as much H2o as I can.
Mum of 2
Shaun born 27/05/06 & Shelli born 26/11/07
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wHe6RPO/]
[/url]
jodie259

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:32 pm

I've never had regular Coke either.. Well I've HAD it but we grew up on Diet Coke too :) We rarely had soft drink in the house but cos Mum always ordered Diet out at dinner etc, it's what I ordered too :)
Blessing in disguise, really, my sister is addicted to regular Coke and is a size 26!!
zeedeveelgirl

Postby SarahC » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:04 pm

I used to drink litres of the stuff, especially when I was living at home and going to uni. I barely drink it anymore, I just buy it for when I have visitors. Athough, on very hot days, my lunchtime walks do take me past the vending machine at the shops... that's so good. Icy cold can of drink on a 30+ degree day when I'm covered in sweat 8)
SarahC

Next

Return to Diet Talk