It is currently Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:46 am

Free Newsletter

Anything and everything concerning food and nutrition.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby carleyjt » Tue Mar 07, 2006 10:46 pm

I have noticed that i eat a lot more fruit now (2 pieces normally but if i have a lot of cravings up to 5 pieces) and wanted to know if this could be bad?

Postby Dolly » Wed Mar 08, 2006 12:44 am

For me if I eat 2 or 3 pieces of fruit I'm okay but if I eat more than that the fruit sugars (fructose) make me gain weight.
Each person metabolizes differently so if it works for you then that's great. :D

Postby Angel » Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:39 pm

A healthy diet is about balance. Perhaps keep a food diary for a week or so and make sure that you are getting a good balance of everything.

A while ago I did this and found that when I snacked I ate fruit (probably because its sweet and easy to grab) but for a balanced diet I should have had a diet yoghurt, or some vegies or some protein.

Snow peas are now one of my favorite healthy snacks and just as easy as grabbing fruit.

Hope this helps,

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Mar 09, 2006 6:52 pm

I generally have some strawberries and banana on my breakky, then some fruit for lunch (at the moment grapes and nectarine).

I'm working on the principle that i try to make most of my food something that grew. So most of my foods are vegies and fruits and simple, unprocessed grains etc. Not a big meat eater.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Return to Diet Talk