It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:20 am

Free Newsletter

Identify childhood habits

Anything and everything concerning food and nutrition.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:03 pm

sassi wrote:oh wow - that's so funny that they did the same things! i think it had something to do with her getting home a while before dinner time - and yeah, my mum did the peppermint patties & coconut roughs as well!

Yeah that's a good point mate! Because I caught the bus home from school and wasn't home til like 4:15 every day, Mum was always home before me and waiting with a treat :P
Heheh good old Mint Patties & Coconut Roughs. I LOVE coconut in chocolate, and anything mint chocolate. Mmm :D
zeedeveelgirl

Postby sassi » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:37 am

zeedeveelgirl wrote:Heheh good old Mint Patties & Coconut Roughs. I LOVE coconut in chocolate, and anything mint chocolate. Mmm :D
me too! :lol:

oops - now we're turning this into a 'cravings' thread lol.
sassi

Postby Gal Friday » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:32 am

OMG! Ditto on the peppermint patties and coconut roughs!! They were the things she would sneak for herself as well!
Gal Friday

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:08 pm

Tehehe whoops, my bad :P Always thinkin bout my tummy :P
zeedeveelgirl

Re: Identify childhood habits

Postby Jodie91 » Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:06 pm

Just read through this thread and found that I had the same things as a kids "eat everything on your plate or you will eat it cold for breakfast" was what i was brought up with so I would eat it even if I wasn't hungry - bad way to bring kids up I think.

However I have three kids of my own now and although i dont make them eat everything on their plate and we rarely have dessert I do do the Junk food night thing once a week. Once a week the kids can have maccas for dinner, now I dont know if this is such a good idea, i thought it might teach them moderation and that it is ok to have once a week as long as you eat healthy the rest of the week. Confused now as to wether to stop haveing junk food night :?
Cheers
Jodie
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wZZJpxa/]
[/url]
HOW WOULD YOU MAKE A MARRIAGE WORK?
Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a truck. -- Ricky, age 10
Jodie91

Re: Identify childhood habits

Postby shokoden » Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:59 pm

This is a good thread. I too was bought up to eat everything on my plate, still do now :x watching videos on the weekend constantly munching on crap mum has tried the same thing with my daughter too, I told her I didn't like it so now they munch on fruit and popcorn. My parents also put me on Jenny Craig when I was 7 I think that accounts for alot of my problems now too. I don't make my kids Diet just everything in moderation :)
shokoden

Previous

Return to Diet Talk