It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:54 pm

Free Newsletter

Takeaway - Healthy Options?

Anything and everything concerning food and nutrition.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby CrimsonThunder » Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:01 am

I work at Hungry Jacks so its extremely hard for me to say no to free burgers! But I do it. I always get a baguette, the spicy chicken which has less than 8 grams of fat. I also get it minus the cheese just to be extra healthier.

I've also started to stop eating the fries as well. Even though I love them. :( And I get a Diet Coke instead of the normal one.

I would also not suggest the salads from fast food stores, they are really unappealing. Its just salad base thrown into a container. Subway is good but just make sure you're actually buying something thats healthy, just because your getting subway doesnt mean its going to be healthy at the end of your order!
- Stevo
CrimsonThunder

Postby Dolly » Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:23 am

Wow, I admire your restraint there Tom.
I think 1 jnr whopper is equal to a whole days worth of calories (guys can eat a few more calories per day than a woman can)
Dolly

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:29 am

wow you are game talking about HJ's tom. we have a few fans out there haha. it seems like you have made some great choices there. i get the subway salads but i dont get the cheese on it and i dont have dressings. a lot of people get dressings smothering the salad so it defeats the purpose of a healthy meal. i hate dressing so im in the clear lol.
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:35 am

Oh my Reckless I admire your resolve there!! I agree about the salads from those sort of places...I always say they are just leftovers hahahahaha!!! You are right about subway too, some people are fooled over some of the dressings and "extras" like the cheese, but it pays to peruse the menu and find something really yummy, that fits into your program!!!

Once again good on you for resisting those burgers mate!! They are full of fat and cals that you don't need!!! The baguettes sound yum though and you would be surprised just how much extra you are cutting off by not having the cheese!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby bluebox451 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:44 am

The best thing I've found is to go to a charcoal chicken shop and get a quarter piece of chicken (breast if u can), take off the skin and get a salad such as greek or tabouli. Stay away from coleslaw or anything like that as it is full of mayo :evil: Also, keep clear of the scallop creamy potato stuff - it is so hard to stop at one mouthful :oops:

Liz :)
bluebox451

Postby Guest » Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:44 pm

Oportos chicken burger no cheese no mayo
correct me if im wrong

Previous

Return to Diet Talk