It is currently Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:17 pm

Free Newsletter

Anything and everything concerning food and nutrition.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Dinger » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:53 pm

Hi everyone,

Had my second weigh in on Saturday and walked out thinking what's the point. Lost .6kg's, but don't think that's really enough when your depriving yourself of two meals a day. Had done 1 hour excersise every night and that's still all I lost. Decided that this week, I'm going to completely cut just about everything out and live off vegies and the shakes. See if it works any better. Feel that maybe I'm having too big a postions.

Talk soon Jacinta :cry:

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:03 pm

Is it possible you're consuming too few calories?

Ages ago while I was doing Weight Watchers I had a really bad week where I lost almost no weight. The leader looked at how much I'd eaten and it turned out I'd consumed far too few points. I increased the amount I ate and actually lost more weight the next week.

That said, 0.6kg is a good amount to lose. Between 0.5kg and 1kg is considered normal, and anything over 1kg is likely to just be a water loss.

Postby Fireball » Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:09 pm

Hey Jacinta

You are fantastic doing all that. I agree with the evil queen, do check your calories. Another thing I've had that happen from time to time and then weighed a few days later and had a huge loss! Sometimes it takes time for it to show. Keep up the good work and it will pay off in the long run :) .

"Unknowingly, we plow the dust of the stars, blown about us by the wind, and drink the universe in a glass of rain."
Ihab Hassan

Return to Diet Talk