It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:46 pm

Free Newsletter

LIQUIDS ((whats ok to drink))

Anything and everything concerning food and nutrition.

Moderator: Moderators

LIQUIDS ((whats ok to drink))

Postby anthony88 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:57 pm

guys one of my biggest downfalls would have to be soft drink.. i love it.. although now that i have started my weight loss program i have had water for the last 9 days..
just want to know what can i have once in a while thats ok?

diet cordials, i love pepsi max ( that has so suger or carbs is that ok to drink), coke zero?,
thanks for your help!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w14PlL0/]
[/url]

My First Goal is to be under 110kg reward=gym membership
Christmas '08, i will be under 100kg (BRING IT ON)
~~**IM NOW EATING TO LIVE, NOT LIVING TO EAT**~~
anthony88

Re: LIQUIDS ((whats ok to drink))

Postby Jodie91 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:00 pm

Diet drinks and diet cordials and the such are Ok but dont over do it. Try and drink at least 1.5 L of water a day and you will probably find that you wont want to drink as much soft drink anyway.
Cheers
Jodie
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wZZJpxa/]
[/url]
HOW WOULD YOU MAKE A MARRIAGE WORK?
Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a truck. -- Ricky, age 10
Jodie91

Postby bferbear » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:00 pm

Personally I drink copious quantities of tea and coffee throughout the day. I will usually have a coke zero with dinner, and then just water if I want anything else.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wfrtWWa/]
[/url]
bferbear

Postby anthony88 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:47 am

Is pepsi max and coke zero bad for you??? what do u need to look for??
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w14PlL0/]
[/url]

My First Goal is to be under 110kg reward=gym membership
Christmas '08, i will be under 100kg (BRING IT ON)
~~**IM NOW EATING TO LIVE, NOT LIVING TO EAT**~~
anthony88

Postby ali76 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:29 am

Anthony, from what I understand, anything with fake 'sugar' in them are not so good!

There's another thread on here somewhere (can someone say where?!) regarding diet soft drinks, etc and some links to very interesting articles. Maybe give that a read and see what you think.

I try to drink mostly water but if I have a can or 2 of coke zero a week I don't fret....everything in moderation....right?!
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby Fiona25 » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:27 pm

Aim to drink a good 2.5-3ltrs of water a day. Coffee or tea without sugar and with low fat or skim milk are ok. Herbal teas, sugar free soft drink is ok but not too much.

Personally, I have 1 coffee no sugar with skim milk a day, 1-2 cups of lime or lemon tea (hot water with lime or lemon juice the 99% juice you get from the supermarket) and a few times a week i'll have a glass of coke zero or sugar free lemonade. Artificial sweetners are not good for you, so don't over do it.

Oh, and well done on the 9 days on water only :D
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!
Fiona25

Postby loveat116 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:16 pm

Diet soft drinks are fine to drink as they have no calories. Dont worry about the sodium content either, its miniscule.

Whether the artificial sweetners give you cancer? Not sure, apparantly everything gives you cancer these days!
Starting Weight: 62kg Current Weight: 55.0kg Goal Weight: 54kg

Goal Reached 22 February 2008, Must get down to 54kg again!
loveat116

Postby Karnak » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:35 pm

I'm not great with the taste of water either so my solution was to add lemon juice to it. At the start I used to squeeze a lemon but that became a bit of a pain so now I have at home and at work one of those lemon juice bottles from the baking section. Everytime I fill up my water bottle I squirt in some lemon juice and for nearly two years I haven't looked back.

Another suggestion for "transition" (you know, when taste buds have to accept that fruit is the new sweet) is to use fruit juice. You have to be careful of the calories but spreading a small glass of 100% fruit juice over 2 litres of water can easily be absorbed into your calorie count and if you get 2 litres of water down you then its worth it. Get a 2 litre empty jug, pour in a small glass of juice and then fill it up and keep it in the fridge. Careful though it will only last for a couple of days before it tastes a bit manky.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy5Nvxw/]
[/url]
Karnak

Postby Kimmie » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:29 pm

That's an interesting tip. I don't like lemon water -- I always ditch the slice of lemon if they give you one in a restaurant or wherever -- but that's just a personal thing.

Strangely what I found was the key for *me* to be abe to drink loads of water was the temperature of the water. I was always drinking chilled water, but once I started drinking a room temperature bottle, and I seriously guzzled it down. Weird, huh? I also know some people like drinking mugs of warm water. Different strokes for different folks, right?
Kimmie

Postby Jodie91 » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:23 pm

Agreed I can't drink cold water but will finish a 750ml bottle of room temp water in a couple of hours - sometimes while at tafe i will go through 4 bottles a day. Guess that could be a good thing to try seeing how you like your water cold, room temp or warm.
cheers
Jodie
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wZZJpxa/]
[/url]
HOW WOULD YOU MAKE A MARRIAGE WORK?
Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a truck. -- Ricky, age 10
Jodie91

Return to Diet Talk