It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:13 am

Free Newsletter

YOU MUST HAVE

Anything and everything concerning food and nutrition.

Moderator: Moderators

YOU MUST HAVE

Postby GumBoots » Fri Feb 22, 2008 9:48 pm

I can not believe how many uses mountain bread has. I use it instead of bread, as a substitute for pasta and pastry's, chips EVERYTHING (no I am not a sales rep :D) But it is fantastic and cheaper if you get it from there site.
I have been making my own weight watchers satay wraps at home with it and I have knocked the points down from 4.5 ww points each to 3. I love the stuff. I buy 6 packs a week :oops:
[/url]
GumBoots

Re: YOU MUST HAVE

Postby Karnak » Sat Feb 23, 2008 9:40 pm

Any tips for storing it ?. The moment I open a packet it seems to dry out even when I seal it up properly and I put it in the fridge.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wy5Nvxw/]
[/url]
Karnak

Postby la1982 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:56 am

On their website they have a free cookbook that you can download with heaps of great ideas. You can also buy direct from them on their website for $2.50 a pack I think it is - cheaper than the supermarkets.

http://www.mountainbread.com.au
SW 74kg
GW 55kg Achieved 31.1.08
CW 54.6kg
Body fat reduced from 38% to 20.2%
la1982

Postby la1982 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:58 am

Forgot to say you have to order a minimum of 5 packs but postage is free.
SW 74kg
GW 55kg Achieved 31.1.08
CW 54.6kg
la1982

Postby la1982 » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:00 am

oh dear I need to go to bed I think! I didnt read the original posters inital post correctly where it was already mentioned that you could buy from their site! :oops:
SW 74kg
GW 55kg Achieved 31.1.08
CW 54.6kg
la1982

Postby GumBoots » Sun Feb 24, 2008 9:05 am

Karnak wrote:Any tips for storing it ?. The moment I open a packet it seems to dry out even when I seal it up properly and I put it in the fridge.
I keep mine in the freezer until I need it. Other wise just in the fridge :D

la1982 wrote:On their website they have a free cookbook that you can download with heaps of great ideas. You can also buy direct from them on their website for $2.50 a pack I think it is - cheaper than the supermarkets.

http://www.mountainbread.com.au

That recipe book is fantastic, so many yummy sweet and savoury dishes...

But a tip, there is a spot on the website to find out the GI of the bread. I was using corn but found it to be high GI while the oat was low GI. It all taste the same to me so didnt mind changing to oat :D
[/url]
GumBoots

Postby LillyPilly » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:58 pm

GumBoots wrote:I can not believe how many uses mountain bread has. I use it instead of bread, as a substitute for pasta and pastry's, chips EVERYTHING (no I am not a sales rep :D) But it is fantastic and cheaper if you get it from there site.
I have been making my own weight watchers satay wraps at home with it and I have knocked the points down from 4.5 ww points each to 3. I love the stuff. I buy 6 packs a week :oops:

Do you cut the mountain bread in to fine stripes for the pasta?

How would you go about cooking with it?

The satay wraps sound nice, how do you make these? I too am doing Weight Watchers.

Sorry for all the questions.
LillyPilly

Postby GumBoots » Fri Mar 07, 2008 9:14 pm

LillyPilly wrote:
GumBoots wrote:I can not believe how many uses mountain bread has. I use it instead of bread, as a substitute for pasta and pastry's, chips EVERYTHING (no I am not a sales rep :D) But it is fantastic and cheaper if you get it from there site.

Do you cut the mountain bread in to fine stripes for the pasta?

How would you go about cooking with it?

The satay wraps sound nice, how do you make these? I too am doing Weight Watchers.

Sorry for all the questions.
You can cut it into stripes or use it whole for lasagne sheets and cut it into 1/4 for cannelloni. If using it like fettuccine I wouldn't cook it but mix it threw the hot sauce and it will soften up.

The satay wraps:

Ingredients:
Chicken breast
1/2 basmati rice
onion
capsicum
satay recipe base
peanut butter
Mountain bread

Brown chicken then add capsicum and onion. Add recipe base (and water) and peanut butter and the rice. Cover and cook until rice is soft and mixture is thick. Just add it to the mountain bread and VOILA satay chicken wrap... Yum yum
[/url]
GumBoots

Return to Diet Talk