It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:58 am

Free Newsletter

I need ideas for a healthy FILLING lunch

Anything and everything concerning food and nutrition.

Moderator: Moderators

I need ideas for a healthy FILLING lunch

Postby sunshine » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:53 pm

Hi everyone, I need some ideas for lunches that are healthy, nutritious and most of all satisfying. My vice is bread and I love it, and I just don't feel full if I have a plain salad etc. I love chicken/salad, but don't have that everyday, I don't like tuna, I am wondering about burgen bread and if I could have that a couple of times a week, what else could I try?

What do YOU have for lunch?
sunshine

Re: I need ideas for a healthy FILLING lunch

Postby Jodie91 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:51 pm

Two slices of bread is ok as you should be having 5 serves of carbs a day anyway

My fav lunch right now is salmon and cottage cheese with lettuce sandwiches Just mix 50gms of salmon with 40gms of cotage cheese and spread on the bread with salt and pepper and lettuce. Really yummy and pritty filling. But then if you dont like tuna you might not like salmon either. I would suggest logging onto Calorie King and using their recipes for inspiration they have lots of good sandsich ideas and a whole section on lunch box ideas. I honestly haven't really looked at the recipes on here as I am still working through the ones on CK but there is probably some good ideas in there as well ?dont Know? Another idea is a wrap with chicken and salad in it might make a change from the chicken salad and be more filling or any other fillings too.
Hope that helps
Cheers
Jodie
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wZZJpxa/]
[/url]
HOW WOULD YOU MAKE A MARRIAGE WORK?
Tell your wife that she looks pretty, even if she looks like a truck. -- Ricky, age 10
Jodie91

Postby MagicGirl79 » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:15 pm

Wraps are great and if you have access to a sandwich maker/toaster, a toasted wrap is really yummy too.

I would suggest a big salad sandwich would fill you up heaps - or alternatively you could keep make extra serves of your nightly meal and have it for lunch the next day. Stir-fries with small amounts of rice or pasta are ok, just make sure you have more meat & veg than rice/pasta.

If you're having sandwiches then make sure you switch up your fillings for variety. You can have cheese, meat, egg for protein and then heaps of veg/salad added with it. Also low-fat dressings/spreads add to the variety.
Cheers,
Kate
MagicGirl79

Postby Diminishing » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:37 pm

I saw some fresh turkish bread rolls today in Coles........98% fat free. And I really find turkish bread FILLING.

Hardboiled eggs? I always find them filling.......either sliced plain and in a sandwhich with loads of salad, or mashed with some low fat mayo...and black pepper.

Burgen breads are really filling...maybe salad burgen sandwhiches with a couple of slices of low fat cheese?
Lucy xx

Diminishing

Return to Diet Talk