It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:28 pm

Free Newsletter

changing meals around

Anything and everything concerning food and nutrition.

Moderator: Moderators

changing meals around

Postby sunshine » Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:15 pm

Is it a good thing to do to change a heavy tea at night to a lighter alternative and have the heavier meal for lunch? For instance, if I made a penne pasta and chicken mornay bake and salad, would it be more beneficial to have my serve at lunchtime and have something lighter for tea at night? So I would be eating the carbs earlier in the day? I would like to know how much of a difference this really makes? Thanks all.
sunshine

Re: changing meals around

Postby mango_monkey » Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:40 pm

Personally, I need to stay awake for a couple of hours after eating a heavy meal for dinner, as I find it hard to sleep otherwise. I dont think there is any real bad effect from doing it, but you may be uncomfortable eating a lot too close to bedtime...
mango_monkey

Postby talia11 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 9:46 am

I asked my hubby that and he says it better to eat your carbs earlier rather than later as your body will not burn the carbs as well as during the day.
Carmen - Weight Watchers -Goal 72kg

talia11

Postby loveat116 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:25 am

sunshine wrote:Is it a good thing to do to change a heavy tea at night to a lighter alternative and have the heavier meal for lunch? For instance, if I made a penne pasta and chicken mornay bake and salad, would it be more beneficial to have my serve at lunchtime and have something lighter for tea at night? So I would be eating the carbs earlier in the day? I would like to know how much of a difference this really makes? Thanks all.

I always hear it is 'overall calories'... like it doesnt matter what time of the day you eat them.

Its not like your metabolism just shuts down at night.

BUT mango_monkey said I cant sleep after a really massive meal, and having the big meal at lunch would keep you energised for the rest of the day??
Starting Weight: 62kg Current Weight: 55.0kg Goal Weight: 54kg

Goal Reached 22 February 2008, Must get down to 54kg again!
loveat116

Postby Fiona25 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:15 pm

I very rarely eat heavy carbs for dinner, its usually lean meat and veggies. I reckon if you switch heavy carbs to lunch and make dinner lighter you will notice a big difference come weekly weigh in :D

Let us know how you go!
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!
Fiona25

Return to Diet Talk