It is currently Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:50 am

Free Newsletter

Do you have a deliberate blow out?

Anything and everything concerning food and nutrition.

Moderator: Moderators

Do you have a deliberate blow out?

Postby GumBoots » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:40 pm

Whether it be once a week, a fortnight or a month?
Fridays are my day. EVERY meal I have threw the week keeps me within my weight watchers points but on friday nights I love a few drinks after work and a few nibbles, even if it means breaking my diet(lifestyle change) for a few hours.
Do you do this?
Do you think I am setting myself up for failure by doing this? I personally think it is working for me. I dont go overboard but I "enjoy" myself...and I still lose weight..

Re: Do you have a deliberate blow out?

Postby sunshine » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:40 pm

I was the same, each Friday I would set myself up with a bottle of wine and a dvd, when the kids were tucked into bed. And I would weigh myself on Monday morning and be heavier, because of the alcohol. And I knew that I couldn't have just one or even two glasses, I would want to drink the entire bottle!! So I decided to stop altogether, no alcohol at all. And to be honest, I haven't missed it. And the scales have been kind to me as well, although I have been sick this week so wouldn't have a clue what I weighed.

Good luck to you, if you are still losing weight, I think you should enjoy yourself, and have your little treat on Fridays. I just know for me, it was detrimental to my weight loss. Have some wine and nibblys for me :D

Re: Do you have a deliberate blow out?

Postby electrongirl » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:50 pm

I allow myself a "Free Day". Its Saturday after weigh in.

Its pretty much the same every Saturday. I got to my meeting, I don't have brekkie or anything before the meeting. Then after the meeting we go to our favourite cafe and get the all day breakfast which consists of 2 eggs, bacon, grilled tomato and toast. A latte and orange juice. This usually tides me over all day. Then we have something light for dinner.

I don't track on Saturdays and if I follow the plan every other day I still lose weight.

I have heard that having 1 bigger eating day can give your metabolism a boost. I'm not sure but I will keep doing it!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog:

Image Image

Return to Diet Talk