It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 1:09 am

Free Newsletter

Censored

Anything and everything concerning food and nutrition.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Censored

Postby messo » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:27 pm

so bummed. i realised i was doing this detox thing wrong. so i caved. would i still have the weight loss if i skipped the detox and just went straight to the weight loss food plan. and if i go a tiny bit,like an hour or so over the 3 hour rule does it matter coz i cant get lunch breaks at the same time everyday
messo

Postby Matryoshka » Fri May 14, 2010 2:52 pm

Heya Messo.

I too have had difficulties in the past trying to do the 3 day all protein detox. Like my husband said to me something is better than nothing... so while it may not give you the instant drop in weight that the 3 day detox would, and the cravings may be a bit stronger, the fact that you're eating better has to mean something right?
So I figure that when I start next week, if I find the 3 day thing to be too much, I am going to skip it and get into the diet as I know eating like that will be better than I am eating now and obviously will lead to weight loss.

All the best Messo :)
Matryoshka

Postby blacky » Thu May 20, 2010 9:31 am

Can anyone tell me are u able to drink any alchol wat so ever on this diet??? If so wat? And any tips on an easy menu for the first 3 days of high protein detox?? cheers!
blacky

Postby Matryoshka » Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:38 pm

Blacky,

On censored, you get a free day... so I guess you'd just keep your alcohol intake to that day.
Otherwise no.
Matryoshka

Postby maxrivera » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:16 pm

blacky wrote:Can anyone tell me are u able to drink any alchol wat so ever on this diet??? If so wat? And any tips on an easy menu for the first 3 days of high protein detox?? cheers!

I would suggest not having any alcohol even if you get a 'free' day. Alcohol will effect your livers ability to process fat, therefor making it more difficult to lose weight. There are two types of pain, the pain of disciplin and the pain of regret, you will decide what pain you will feel!
Last edited by EvilWombatQueen on Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed advertising link. Please refer to forum rules.
maxrivera

Postby gubby » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:36 pm

HI Guys, Im new to the forum, it was great to see how good Censored is doing for the majority people here. I'm at the end of the second day of the carb detox and I honestly feel terrible, not hungry in the slightest, just bloated, heavy and havent been to the loo as regularly either (sorry for that insight :)) I'm just finding its all too much meat for me. Eggs & bacon in the morn, a can of tuna at snack, 150gms of leg ham at lunch, a can of tuna at snack....again :) chicken for dinner and tuna for snack again. Does this sound correct? Should I be feelign so crappy? I am generally pretty healthy and eat well during the week, salad at lunch every day for 3 years. My biggest issue has been a few drinks and associated junk food on the weekends,maybe the ocassional carbs pasta or rice of an evening dinner. I play sport 2 times a week but have never been able to lose just 2 -3 kilos. I dont often quit things but this eating meat or protein 6 times a day is killing me. Does this happen to anyone else? One other question I use a spoonful of honey in my tea of a night is this an issue in the carb detox period or in the weight maintenance period? Thanks guys sorry for the essay I really dont want to quit but I cant afford to feel this bad or the thought of continuing scares me feelign like this.
gubby

Postby Ophir » Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:33 pm

Hubby and I are starting this tomorrow. We went out today and bought the meat for the next few days and I have made a list of things to get for weightloss phase starting on Thursday.

We are both looking forward to this. Hubby has the pedometer, i dont, but i walk around a lot a work and do dancing 3 x per week which is probably classed as "strenuous exercise", but im not stopping the classes.

I have about 20-25kg to loose and he has about 30kg, so onwards and upwards!
Ophir

Previous

Return to Diet Talk