It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:28 pm

Free Newsletter

am i eating right?

Anything and everything concerning food and nutrition.

Moderator: Moderators

am i eating right?

Postby xXauschickXx » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:27 pm

hey there

well i go to school so active almost the whole day, get up at 6:00am breaky (just right cereal or yogurt ad mayb a slice of wholegrain bread with light jam which is only 13 cals)
10:45 an orange OR 1/2 cup nuts OR apple
1:00pm yogurt OR 1 cup salad OR two peices wholegrain bread

i lack energy in the afternoon, am i eating enough i know seem to BINGE HEAPS in the arvo around dinner. Why is this? Any help please.

oh im 16, 57kg, 156cm. Thanks guys, be really appreciated :)
xXauschickXx

Re: am i eating right?

Postby jaz87 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:48 pm

looks like you need to eat something mid afternoon, like right when you get home from school to sustain your hunger until dinner time, as well as keeping your metabolism going
[/url]
jaz87

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:29 am

A great way to see if you're getting enough calories would be to use Calorie King (http://www.calorieking.com.au). You can set up a free account there and enter your age, height and weight and whether you need to lose any weight or not. It will recommend how many calories you should eat in a day. Then go to the daily meal planner and enter in all the stuff you usually eat. It will add up the calories, fibre and fat and you will be able to see if you are eating too little, eating too much and how much fat you are consuming.

Many people here swear by Calorie King. And even if you don't want to use it religiously to count calories it can still be useful to check how 'good' or 'bad' certain foods are. The most convenient thing for Australians is that because it's an Australian site it has most of the food available in Australian supermarkets listed. Handy when most online calorie guides seem to be for American food!
EvilWombatQueen

Postby electrongirl » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:06 am

I think you need to add some protein to your lunch as this will help give you energy and stop you binging in the afternoon.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby sarahloveshoes » Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:00 am

i remember when i was just under your weight and id go to school and not eat anything all day and come home and eat a huge dinner and binge. However i lost weight by increasing the amount of food i ate and probably my calories to, i also started exercising everyday and the weight just seemed to fall of.

This was my diet at the time:

I did yoga every morning before breakfast

Breakfast: cereal and skim milk
Snack: 200g Yogurt, 2 rice cakes and jam or vegemite
Lunch: a huge stuffed salad sandwhich with chicken or ham,
Snack: 200g Yogurt, 2 rice cakes and jam or vegemite
Dinner: I ate what ever my parents cooked but cut out bread, rice, potato, pasta and noodles at this time of night and ate more veges on the side instead

Never eat more than you can lift. - Miss Piggy

sarahloveshoes

Return to Diet Talk