It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:52 am

Free Newsletter

i BLOAT shockingly bad. do you have this?

Anything and everything concerning food and nutrition.

Moderator: Moderators

i BLOAT shockingly bad. do you have this?

Postby xXauschickXx » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:39 pm

i wake up in the morning, look actually ok but then i bloat so bad its horrible!! it makes me look 5kg more than i really am. i bloat REALLY BAD after a big meal or bread. does anyone else have this? what can i do?

sorry for all the questions
xXauschickXx

Re: i BLOAT shockingly bad. do you have this?

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:13 am

It could be what you're eating that's causing this.

I follow a vegan diet and I find that chickpeas and soy protein are terrible for making me bloat. However it could be due to other foods as well. Some people find it's caused by allergies to certain food products such as gluten. You may want to see your GP or a nutritionist about it so that they can eliminate gluten or lactose intolerance as causes.

In the meantime I find peppermint tea is helpful at settling bloating a bit. You can also get charcoal tablets at chemists which help to absorb stomach gas.

Good luck! Let us know how you get on.
EvilWombatQueen

Re: i BLOAT shockingly bad. do you have this?

Postby SarahC » Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:52 am

Me too! I can't eat carbs at all anymore, I just seem to blow up like a balloon! Shocking :shock:

At least you know what causes it. So, try eating smaller or more frequent meals. And avoid bread. I wonder what it is in the bread that is causing the bloating. If it's the carbs, then look up Empower brand bread (empowerfoods.com.au) which is a really yummy low carb bread mix. Apart from that, then maybe get checked out for allergies.... :?
SarahC

Return to Diet Talk