It is currently Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:11 pm

Free Newsletter

what am i lacking?

Anything and everything concerning food and nutrition.

Moderator: Moderators

what am i lacking?

Postby xXauschickXx » Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:48 am

so much for my starting 6 week challenge...i just ate 2 tims tams, a bannana, 2 mint/chocolate biscuits and a bit of a cream filled donut. my binging is coming no..noo.
im so angry at the moment.
am i lacking something during the day? what do you have to eat/do or have (eg protein, vegies) to stop this?

Re: what am i lacking?

Postby SarahC » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:46 am

I think if you were lacking something then your body would be craving that thing. Like, if you were lacking iron (eg, around ttom) you might crave meat, or if you were lacking vitamins you might crave fresh fruit or veg. I'm not aware of any deficiency that would cause a craving for bikkies and donuts... :?

If it's emotional eating (which I think most binging is) then I don't think there's anything you could eat to stop it as it's a psycological thing. If you are really hungry and your blood sugar has hit rock bottom, like if you haven't eaten anything all day, then that could cause a sugar binge....

Sorry that's not much help. Just examine the reasons behind it. Then, either up your intake of fresh healthy food, or get some help, maybe a psychologist, hypnotherapist, or regular doctor etc.

Don't worry, I'm a binger as well, there's a few of us here, so you're not alone :wink:

Postby Strawberry » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:29 am

what do you usually eat? if you give an example of you daily consumption it might help to pin point what you're lacking.

Postby electrongirl » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:54 am

I agree, seeing your typical daily meals would help us determine if you need to change it.

To get the most of out your meals you should be including protein & complex carbs with every meal. This will keep you satisfied for longer. Also try to eat 2 pieces of fruit per day and 5 serves of veges. Veges are great to eat to fill you up as most of them are very low in calories.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog:

Image Image

Postby Tarz » Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:12 pm

another possibility could be that your eating fine and your not actually craving the food but eating out of boredom or cos its there. If i have timatams in my house i will eat them just cos i know they are there, i don't need to be hungry or craving any sugar. Another time i binge is when i'm bored, got nothing to do so i grab something to eat, doesn't matter that i'm not hungry.

Return to Diet Talk