It is currently Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:11 am

Free Newsletter

Where does this road lead?

Anything and everything concerning food and nutrition.

Moderator: Moderators

Where does this road lead?

Postby Walkabout » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:08 pm

I'm currently experimenting a diet off the top of my head. Doesn't have a name and it's based on the sole fact that if you consume less than your body burns by day, you lose weight and bodyfat.

My daily calorie intake is around 500-700 calories for 5 days a week. For weekends I raise it to 1000-1500 calories per day. So far I've lost around 8lbs in 4 days.

My plan is to be on this diet for the next 2 weeks and then raise the calorie intake to 1000kcal/day.

Not breaking any ground here, just a personal experiment.

Oh, and I train lots, about 6 times a week.

Re: Where does this road lead?

Postby Tarz » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:43 am

Wouldn't only consuming 500-700 cals per day plus doing exercise put your body into starvation mode? I don't think thats consuming enough for the body to work properly and to maintain muscle. I think any weight that would be lost on that would be muscle not fat. Plus your probably depriving your body of the nutrients it needs.

Re: Where does this road lead?

Postby Walkabout » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:50 pm

I'm adding protein and fruits/veggies to my diet now.

Lost a few pounds last week, felt alright, very tired the first couple of days but then it got better.

I take vitamin supplements, iron, magnesium before training, and omega 3 capsules to compensate my diminutive diet.

Decided to add the amount of what I eat but only by adding vegetables, fruits and some protein in the form of tuna, cottage cheese and protein shakes. Don't know how many calories I'll end up with but probably around 1000kcal/day.

I'll also increase the amount of excercise this week from what it was last week. I'll report here if I notice any significant changes in how things go. So far so good.

Return to Diet Talk