It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:46 am

Free Newsletter

YUM SNACK THAT TASTES GREAT AND LOW GI

Anything and everything concerning food and nutrition.

Moderator: Moderators

YUM SNACK THAT TASTES GREAT AND LOW GI

Postby jacka » Mon May 08, 2006 7:56 pm

My son just came home with a low GI, high protein snack bar from Boost Juice called Slim Secrets. He bought the Afternoon snack attack bar (choc nut caramel) for me to try and said they also have other flavours like berries with white chocolate (YUM).Anyway I had the bar at 5.00pm and it filled me up so I only had a small dinner and I haven't felt like bingeing on rubbish yet tonight. I will fill you in tomorrow and see if it can last for the night. I went and had a look at the Slim Secrets website http://www.slimsecrets.com.au and it is funky and has some awesome information on it.
jacka

Postby LadyBug » Mon May 08, 2006 8:42 pm

WOW... thanks for posting that!
What a cool son you have to bring one home for you! Pat on the back for him :D
xoxo ~Ali

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
LadyBug

Postby Dolly » Tue May 09, 2006 8:58 am

Hi Jacka,
Sounds great especially since it's australian but one has to wonder how they are sweetening it.
It's soy protein based therefore sounds like another copy of the cocolate caramel slimfast bars.
Anything called 'Secret' you'd have to be a little skeptical of, I like to see the ingredients rather than be told it's a secret. But that's just my opinion, it could be a really good product and definitely worth a try.
Dolly

Postby jacka » Tue May 09, 2006 11:32 am

Dolly, I have a nutritionist that I go to and I took the wrapper from the bar to show her with the nutritional panel and ingredients and she was impressed(low GI)and may possibly stock them too. One of them contains real berries in it which sounds like something I would like to try! She explained to me that if we look at every ingredient and product on the market we probably wouldn't eat at all (including all the sprays on foods etc).
jacka

Postby Dolly » Tue May 09, 2006 11:49 am

Thanks Jacka, sounds like a good product.
Dolly

Return to Diet Talk