It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:23 am

Free Newsletter

can we share what we have for breaky and lunch?

Anything and everything concerning food and nutrition.

Moderator: Moderators

can we share what we have for breaky and lunch?

Postby sunshine » Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:31 pm

I wanted to ask a couple of questions about my breaky and lunch that I have, does this seem ok to you? I am having the Uncle Toby's low fat muesli (fruit and grains) plus jalna no suger yogurt for breakfast, and for lunch usually a big salad and some chicken, that I buy from the supermarket, cooked that I break up and eat over a couple of days with my daughter. My questions are: would this muesli be okay to have, and also because I am buying bbq chickens, I am wondering about the fat content, as I haven't time to cook a chook :D at home. I don't eat the skin on the chicken.

I also have some of the Dick Smiths muesli to try, looks yummy! Thanks all :D
sunshine

Re: can we share what we have for breaky and lunch?

Postby sassi » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:11 pm

i don't know much about the actual muesli but it all sounds pretty good i would have thought. :)
sassi

Postby SarahC » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:20 pm

Sounds alright to me too. Just watch out for portion sizes as the calories in muesli can be quite high - use a measuring cup or scales to be sure.

Can't help much with the chickens as I'm a vegetarian.... but you can see the fat on the chickens can't you, it's all gross and white and wobbly. Bleh :(
SarahC

Postby Strawberry » Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:54 pm

if you stick to the serving size of the muesli you'll be ok - it's usually 40g = 4 tablespoons. the muesli has fiber - fills you up & it's the good starchy carbs and low fat yogurt provides calcium and protein.
the chicken is fine too as u remove all visible fat.
Strawberry

Postby shark » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:16 pm

My fave winter breakfast is 3 grain porridge which I make from a mixture of rolled oats, rye and barley. I add milk and sweeten it with a few sultanas and some sunflower seeds. It's yummy and very filling, whereas I find most commercial breakfast cereals leave me starving again after a couple of hours.
shark

Return to Diet Talk