It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:02 pm

Free Newsletter

anyone else done celebrity slim?

Anything and everything concerning food and nutrition.

Moderator: Moderators

anyone else done celebrity slim?

Postby xXauschickXx » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:55 am

i just started on thursday, this is my 4th day and i woke up feeling weak, dehydrated and shaky. I had my shake, felt slightly better and had a handful of nuts. My parents are furious im on this and are making me eat dinner tonight. But i just want a shake so i can lose weight! Im sick of my weight, i hate my waist and my stomach. I have been yo yo dieting for the past 6 months and have achieved nothing so ive simply given up. Im still dizzy right now...ugh

anyone else tried this diet?
xXauschickXx

Re: anyone else done celebrity slim?

Postby ali76 » Sun Sep 07, 2008 12:02 pm

I haven't tried it but I'm a little skeptical to be honest.

I know you lose weight and lose it quickly but how can you possibly maintain it once you start eating again?

Please be careful!! I can't see how feeling sick, lethargic and dizzy could possibly be doing you any good! Why don't you try just having one in the morning for breakfast, then having a healthy lunch and dinner with lots of veggies and 2 pieces of fruit?

Take care!
SW - 75.9
CW - 68
Happy weight - 68 (I MADE IT!!!)
GW - 65 (for now - and until I conceive!)
ali76

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:53 pm

I just looked at their website and they do say that the first week you can experience some symptoms like what you describe as your body adjusts, but there are also rules about what you should and shouldn't do on the diet so I'd urge you to check to make sure you're using it correctly (because some of your symptoms may also be due to having too low a calorie intake).

According to that, you should be only replace 2 meals a day, plus 1 food meal and 2 food snacks. Are you doing this or are you replacing all your meals with the shakes and not having snacks? I know it can be tempting to do this, but this is not what the shakes are designed for and will not be providing you with sufficient nourishment if used in this way. The site itself says this shoud not be done for more than a couple of days.

Are you exercising? The site says exercise can be done while using their shakes, but I'm betting really high intensity cardio for long periods isn't anticipated - if you are doing high amounts of exercise it would be even more critical to make sure your intake is higher than what you would be eating on this diet with no exercise. You can exercise too much if you also cut down your intake too far, putting you into a very low calorie rang which can, if not closely monitored by a GP be dangerous.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby warriorcat » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:11 am

I did Celebrity Slim at the start of the year and found it useful for the first 2 weeks or so.

It basically is a low carb/low calorie diet, of which I think you could do on your own and do it a healthier, I ditched CS after a month and just watched what i ate, upped my veggie intake and salad intake, stopped eating bread, rice, pasta and potatoes etc. CS still has a lot of sugar in it and really, you could have a healthy big salad for lunch instead of a shake for lunch and you'd find that the Salad has less carbs, calories, sugar and is more filling.

Tony Ferguson and Kate Morgan seem to be a bit like CS, but I know on both of TF and KM you can eat more on it, even Betty Baxter lets you eat more but I've heard people say the shakes are gross. (I don't know if that's true though). CS seems to be a bit extreme and the information i've found on it varies. For eg Cat (the girl from the Biggest Loser who promotes it) said on the DVD that comes with the Starter Pack, said she eats a shake for Brekkie, a shake with an apple for lunch and then dinner would be protein and veggies, but in the Priceline magazine that was promoting CS, they did an interview with her and she said that she eats more than that, like soup and salad and stuff.

I think it's good that you are giving it a go, but at the same time, unless you are learning new eating habits and adopting a healthier a lifestyle, you'll probably find any weight you lose will go back on. I don't think you should have 3 shakes a day, you need to think about what you will be able to maintain in the future. It's all well and good to lose weight and be thin, but once you're thin you have to maintain it, you can't just go back to the eating habits that got you big in the first place. Believe me, I've gone up and down for years and finally understand the importance of maintaining!!

Good luck with it :)
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wkR2Tlx/]
[/url]
warriorcat

Return to Diet Talk