It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:18 pm

Free Newsletter

Jenny Craig

Anything and everything concerning food and nutrition.

Moderator: Moderators

Jenny Craig

Postby nmv81 » Mon May 15, 2006 3:40 pm

Hey Everyone,

Does anyone use, or have used Jenny Craig?
I have lost 20kg dieting by myself, but my weight has stopped dropping off! I am sick of food, thinking about it and planning etc, and was thinking of trying Jenny Craig. I have a friend who started about 1 month ago, and it seems to work well, she has lost 6kg all up.

Any other Jenny people out there?
nmv81

Postby KimE » Mon May 15, 2006 9:11 pm

Hi, I'm not on Jenny Craig but Light n Easy which is all food supplied except milk. I too was not interested in the planning, preparing of food so this is why this has worked for me. I was worried what would happen when I come off it as in would I be able to maintain. However, I am learning better eating habits and portion control which was my main problem. I have also found I now don't snack on crap like I used to but now the 'naughty' things really are an occasional treat. Have started planning for when I come off this (want to lose another 10kg before that) and figure writing a menu plan is what will help me best. That way I can shop for it and be prepared. There is no rocket science here this plan is healthy balanced meals and now I am actually interested and aware of what I put in my body I feel this has given me the tools to 'go it alone' so to speak.

I don't think I answered your question :wink: but rambled a lot. I do that sometimes.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Groovychic » Tue May 16, 2006 9:55 am

I've not been on Jenny Craig. My cousin was the manager of one of the clinics in Perth for quite some time. But the pressure to sell the system was too much! A bit like any business where they make their employees sell the product. Basically it's a if you sell they love you, if you don't you're out. Which is business! If you hate preparing meals, then any one of those clinics should help you. There are plenty to choose from. And to be honest I would check them all out on the web and work out what one is best for you. You don't want to be signing contracts or anything like that. But the thing it should do, is teach you about what you should be eating and what you shouldn't be eating. Which, like Kim said, is what is happening to her. Which is important. You need to learn what makes a good healthy meal opposed to one that is going to make you put on weight. So do some research and work out which is best. I remember my aunt going on Jenny Craig many years ago and she was sooo skinny! She lost it from her face etc and it was too thin. As soon as she stopped she put on weight again! She has finally lost it all and kept it off for about the last 3 years, doing it herself, by changing her eating habits and exercising. She went from a desk job to helping her husband with the gardening business! And now she works in a hospital doing the meals etc, but that is only part time. But she hasn't put the weight back on. She lives alone now because my uncle passed away in 2004 but she still drinks about 3 glasses of wine each night! So it's something to remember. But if the program teaches you portion control and what is good to eat, then it's done it's job as far as I am concerned.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby Mary-Anne » Thu Jun 01, 2006 6:17 pm

My sister went on Jenny craig and gained weight. I tried lite n easy but it didn't really work for me.
Mary-Anne

Postby nmv81 » Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:17 am

Hello everyone,

Well I have now joined Jenny Craig, 1st day today, I will let you know how I go.......I hope I don't gain weight from it!
nmv81

Postby Dolly » Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:10 am

I have a friend who joined Jenny Craig and said it was the best thing she'd ever done.
Looking forward to hearing how it works for you.
Dolly

Postby nmv81 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 9:03 pm

I gained weight! It was too much carbs. I felt sick and bloated all the time. I also have PCOS so too many carbs not good.
I am now waiting for my Tony Ferguson kit! I can't wait
nmv81

Postby Dolly » Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:18 am

Thanks for letting us know how it went nmv81. Once you get past the first two days of Tony Ferguson you actually no longer feel like snacking it's truly amazing.
Dolly

Postby nmv81 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:33 pm

Hi Dolly,

My mum started TF last wk, and was very sceptical. She lost 2.5kg so she is sure it will work! I really can't wait. I have a wedding to go to in Dec, and am looking for a nice dress so I stay on track. Mum said the 1st 3 days were the hardest. I will let you know how I go!
nmv81

Postby Dolly » Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:04 pm

cheers :D
Dolly

Postby nmv81 » Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:24 pm

Hey Dolly,
Have been on TF for 3 days now, weighed this morning (couldn't help it!) and have lost 1.3kg.
I have not felt hungry at all. I drink a lot of water though, minimum 4lt a day, so I would imagine that helps to stop the hunger.
It is great!
nmv81

Postby Dolly » Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:49 am

That's great, unfortunately I failed at sticking to the TF program (not enough will power :oops: ) plus because of my medical condition it wasn't working too well for me.

When drinking more than 2 litres of water add a little salt and sugar to the water so you don't end up with an electrolite problem (like the sporting drinks have) Also allow a gap after your meal to allow the nutrients to get into your body otherwise the water could flush it away - LINK
Dolly

Postby janelley_baby » Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:05 pm

I've been on Jenny Craig and it worked for me. They supply your main meals but you have to add extras like fruit, vegetables and milk. Its good if you dont have time to cook or track your eating
janelley_baby

Postby Dolly » Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:06 pm

Hi Janelley, welcome to the forum.
Dolly

Postby KimE » Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:17 pm

Janelly good luck with Jenny Craig I hope it works out for you and you can reap the rewards.

Dolly well done on your weight loss on TF and good luck for your weigh in tomorrow.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Return to Diet Talk