It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:53 am

Free Newsletter

Christmas day menu...

Anything and everything concerning food and nutrition.

Moderator: Moderators

Christmas day menu...

Postby mum2james » Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:24 am

I was just wondering what everyone was planning on eating on Christmas day?

Lucky for me my Mother in Law is cooking seafood (Salmon and prawns) and salads. She hasn't planned any dessert apart from Christmas cake but I won't be having any of that (personally can't stand it!). I'm taking some Weight watchers Lemon cakes and instead will have one of those (1 point). Then on boxing day we are having turkey and salads. :D
I'm not drinking alcohol either. I'll be drinking water and if i'm feeling naughty i'll have some diet rite lemon drink. :wink: :lol:
My mother in law is planning on making pancakes for breakfast but since I don't eat the full fat ones i'm going to take my own premix low fat one so I don't feel like missing out. I was going to have weetbix but pancakes sounds yummier. :lol:

So what's everyone else planning on eating?
Stacey - 25 and mum to a beautiful 5 year old boy. :-)

Current weight: 76kg
Goal Weight: 70kg
mum2james

Re: Christmas day menu...

Postby Shalimar » Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:16 am

I will be having my usual breakfast, a smoothie and a bowl of Special K, after that it will be down hill :lol: .
We have lunch/tea at the folks and it will be seafood, ham, turkey, salads, pastries (which I am making), potato bake, cheese platters, munchies, desserts, chocolate all the stuff I have had very minimal of all year and plan to take advantage of. I figure if I gain a couple of hundred grams I'm not going to beat myself up over it as I will lose it again in a week or so, so in my opinion no harm is done and I am really looking forward to it all.

SW: 175.0 kgs.
CW: 62 kgs-Hit goal 12 September 2009.
Shalimar

Re: Christmas day menu...

Postby mumnbub » Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:04 am

I have been informed just this morning my aunt is putting on a big chamaigne breakfast at my nans place- with her cooking there is ALWAYS lots of food. Am worried about being away from home for a few days.
Also possibly going to my brother in law mothers house for chrissy eve dinner- she is italian and always has lots and lots of food and will not let you sit and eat small amounts- she gets very offended by it when she spends most of the day cooking.
Then am supposed to be going to my brothers place for new years and having plenty to drink- how on earth will i control myself around them!

I am not looking forward to weighing in after all that!
Start weight: 98kg April 2008
22/12/08- 80.7kg
29/12/08- 81.8kg
04/01/09- 81.6kg
12/01/09- 81kg
19/01/09- 80kg
09/02/09- 79.3kg
Next goal 75kg

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/waXaD9j/]
[/url]
mumnbub

Return to Diet Talk