It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:34 pm

Free Newsletter

need advice urgently

Anything and everything concerning food and nutrition.

Moderator: Moderators

need advice urgently

Postby mara_02 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:55 pm

hey,
well i have been talking to a author from a weight loss book about different questions i have but latley he has been answering them really short , not giving advice and dosent answer all my questions. :cry:

so i was wondering if any of you would be able to help me . there is a few questions i have but if you can answer an please do so. :!:

Is the energy supplement grauna good for weight loss?

what kind of alcohol should you drink (if you want to) on a weight loss deit?

thank you for helping me .. :D
mara_02

Re: need advice urgently

Postby MissSonia » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:15 pm

Guarana is used in many weight loss accelerator pills as increasing your heart rate is meant to encourage weight loss. Personally it makes me shaky and hard to sleep, so I think it's one of those things you can try and see how your body reacts to it. In regards to alcohol, if you feel that you must, then I'd recommend either gin or vodka with a diet soft drink or soda water and real lime juice.
MissSonia

Postby SarahC » Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:14 pm

Best way to use guarana, or any caffeine for that matter, is right before your workout. I always have a coffee before I go to the gym - it help a lot.

My vote for alcohol is white wine. Besides the fact that it is delicious, its reasonably low in carbs, and you don't need to drink too much of it to get an effect. And probably a bit heathier than the diet soft drinks that you'd have with spirits, jsut cos of the artificial sweetners etc. (Aside: just learnt something funny about soft drinks - did you know the main ingredient is phosphoric acid, which is... horse piss!!! Its true :lol: Turned me off soft drinks for good now I think :oops: )
Last edited by EvilWombatQueen on Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Advertising link removed.
SarahC

Postby Jisgone » Sun Apr 05, 2009 10:50 pm

Phosphoric acid is actually hydrogen, phosphorus and oxygen. Not sure where you got the horse piss idea from? We learnt about some of the chemicals in softmdrink in my uni course and horse piss definitely isnt one of them :)
Jisgone

Postby MissSonia » Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:59 pm

[email protected] piss!
MissSonia

Return to Diet Talk