It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:16 am

Free Newsletter

CSIRO diet

Anything and everything concerning food and nutrition.

Moderator: Moderators

CSIRO diet

Postby kitty » Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:07 am

i have started the CSIRO diet this week and so far so good! they say that you aren't suppose to get hungry in between meals but me being me, i really thought that i would get hungry, but hooray hooray i havent!
that hasnt stopped me grabbing!
so i have the diet (well meal plan) down pat (or is it pact?!) and the exercise is going along well (as are the good deeds) i just have to stop grabbing! just becase it is there does not mean it needs to be eaten by me!
kitty

Postby Serena » Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:01 pm

I've considered buying the CSIRO diet book and having a go. I'm just kind of scared of the low carb thing. What are the meals like?
Serena

Postby kitty » Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:28 pm

i love it because it has 12 weeks of menu plans worked out for you. they even have the recipes for each of the meals and what i love the most seeing i hate the supermarket, they have a shopping list of each new week! how lazy is that, just what i need!

here is my menu for today serena:
brekky
3/4 cup high fibre cereal with 250ml low fat milk with 150g drained tin fruit

lunch
salmon roll (1 wholegrain bread roll with 100g tinned salmon and chopped onion)
a greek salad

tea
200g lamb: baked rack of lamb with baby vegies
1 piece of fresh fruit

they also have a section which sets out which foods and drinks contain minimal kilojules which you are allowed to eat freely.

im only 4 days in but i think it will work for me seeing i am lazy with food preparation and even lazy when trying to work out a meal plan for each week. so hopefully having it there for me in black and white will be just the thing for me. that and plus i dont want to waste 30 bucks on a book!
kitty

Postby Serena » Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:17 pm

That sounds great. I hate working out food plans and grocery lists too, it's probably my biggest downfall. I might have to go down to angus & robertson tomorrow and have a sticky beak. And the meals sound quite easy and normal. Is there much snacking happening or do you just not feel like it?
Serena

Postby buffmumof2 » Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:58 pm

where can I find out more about the csiro diet, a friend of mine emailed it to me a while ago and I think I have deleated it by mistake, my mum was interested in it.

Leeanne
buffmumof2

Postby Dolly » Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:52 pm

click here for CSIRO diet book info http://www.csiro.au/index.asp?type=blan ... gDiet_Book

Dolly
Dolly

Postby Serena » Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:22 pm

I bought my copy at Angus & Robertson for $30 just this morning. I'm going to have a big read. Even Darren is finding it interesting and he's reading it as we speak. He obviously hasn't got to the rules about alcohol consumption yet.
Serena

Postby The Funny Bone » Thu Aug 18, 2005 2:31 pm

you can downlaod the first week of the diet from here.
http://www.csiro.au/proprietaryDocuments/MLA_diet.pdf
The Funny Bone

Return to Diet Talk