It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:25 pm

Free Newsletter

Detox..

Anything and everything concerning food and nutrition.

Moderator: Moderators

Detox..

Postby Kelsbels » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:17 pm

I have lost my way... looking for a good detox program to kick start my metabolism.. Have done a little bit of research into 'superfoods'. Can anyone recommend a good detox program, that does not include fasting or shakes.. As any body used Acai Berry?..
Never be afraid to laugh at yourself, after all, you could be missing out on the joke of the century.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wX8gXAX/]
[/url]
Kelsbels

Re: Detox..

Postby soon2bayummymummy » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:29 pm

ive only ever tryed the soup diet detox thingy on the today tonight website but never anything else, hopefully someone else can help.
soon2bayummymummy

Postby fi_112 » Sun May 24, 2009 4:30 pm

I have done a non-processed food detox... you can't eat anything that's processed (except oats and soy milk). I lasted 4 days, felt great but was tired all the time (prob due to lack of diet coke!!) haha. but I think ur body has a pretty good self detox system
To wish you were someone else is to waste the person you are
fi_112

Postby EvilWombatQueen » Sun May 24, 2009 6:17 pm

A detox program most likely won't kick start your metabolism. Many of these programs are low in calories and put you into starvation mode, so technically they're more likely to slow your metabolism down. They're not much good for eliminating toxins either, which is their main selling point. There is really no scientific evidence to back up the claims made by these programs, and the body is pretty efficient at clearing out its own toxins anyway.

There is one thing that detox diets are good for: resetting your taste buds. After a week without added salt, fats, sugar and alcohol you'll probably find you enjoy eating healthy foods more and crave junk foods less. So if you're looking to reduce harmful elements in your diet and kick start your metabolism you might want to focus on whole foods such as fruit, veggies, nuts, legumes and unprocessed grains for a week.

Links to detox articles:
SmartShape: Does detox work for weightloss?
ABC: Detox kits - do they work?
The Guardian UK: Detox remedies are a waste of money, say scientists
Sense about Science: Detox press release
EvilWombatQueen

Postby Sass_Sophie » Tue Jun 23, 2009 11:22 am

Hello,

I reccomend the soup diet to kick start you. I felt sooo good on day 3 and 4 of it.
You never go hungry and the results are quite rewarding and the soup is also cheap to make.
Just be sure not to use this as an actual diet like some of my friends... because they piled the weight back double in 2 weeks or so.

:) Good luck :mrgreen:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wCKdHo7/]
[/url]
Sass_Sophie

Return to Diet Talk