It is currently Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:19 am

Free Newsletter

binge eating

Anything and everything concerning food and nutrition.

Moderator: Moderators

binge eating

Postby jetsgirl » Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:17 pm

Hi every one.
I would really love some opions on my eating problem.
I am a binge eater. I cant seem to stop.
I am wondering if i should find a councilor or something is this classed as an eating disorder?
Has any one out there got the same problem????
Has any one out there concured this problem?
I dont think I am alone. but would love to hear from any one.
Vicki :(
first goal

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:57 pm

It's hard to say if you are suffering from an eating disorder over the internet as a lot more detail is required to make a diagnosis and I would advise sharing that much personal info on the net. If it's concerning you, I would advise having a chat with your GP. they'll be able to make an initial assessment and either give you some help themselves or refer you to someone experienced in eating problems.

Good luck with it!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Postby Dolly » Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:13 am

Hi Jetsgirl, this link might help it has questions and answers on one of the links to the left -
I think most of us have an eating disorder whether it's frequent meals or oversized meals. I can't settle into a diet until all the bad snack foods are out of the house.

Postby jetsgirl » Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:33 am

I did not buy any chips or biscuits last week. I am still craving them but have not had any. I think this is the way to go. I have to stop sabotaging my self by buying chips for the "family." I am trying to analize every thing this time around instead of dieting. I want to know why I binge. Why I am unhappy etc. thank you for your input. it is good to talk instead of making yourself insane with all the questions. lol :lol:
first goal

Postby zoeh » Thu Feb 08, 2007 10:00 pm

Hi jetsgirl

I am a binge eater its horrid!

Like something will come over me and I will eat a family block of chocolate as though it never existed, like I just consume it and then it feels like I ate nothing!

Do you know what I mean?

I only binge with chocolate and I got this test thing done at a naturopath and found out I have low serotonin and vitamin B levels. Maybe you have something similar?

I am taking vitamin B and doing more yoga/dancing/pilates and looking after my diet, cutting out people who make me feel down and doing a bit of a revamp to ensure I have surrounded myself in positiveness instead of people who make me question myself (ie EX BOYFRIENDS)

I havent binged for a short while now so hopefully it will stay that way!!

Good luck! I'll be interested in how you go.

Postby bluebox451 » Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:13 pm

Hi there,
I wrote an article based on this subject a while ago - check it out here ... l?aPath=23
It only covers the tip of the iceberg though. I would suggest you see someone if you feel out of control. And dont cut out all your favorite foods because this will just make you want them more. Say to yourself "if I stick to my plan today, I can have a fun size chocolate (or a bit of whatever you crave) after dinner" Plan you food for the day in advance so you know what you'll be having and so you dont get caught out at work with nothing healthy to eat.
Hope this helps - feel free to ask quetsions, everyone here is great.
Liz :)

Postby zoeh » Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:20 pm

oh bluebox that is a fantastic article

I went to a natural therapies shop to ask some advice from a naturopath, thinking maybe bach flower remedies could help or something, and she basically just said 'just say no'

if it was that easy, i wouldn't do it!

trying to work out what to do about my serotonin levels... asking around to see what I can do...

I've emailed a naturopath that is a bit more reliable... its a hard one. I googled it and found a lot of articles saying you cannot fix your serotonin levels with diet...

Return to Diet Talk